TWG CX: Jailhouse Rock Game Thread

Started by mikey, August 11, 2018, 05:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Toby on August 13, 2018, 06:56:21 AMLol.

I know. I like your reaction.

Idk what else to talk about everyone else is being quiet.

Bds offered like nothing but did say he would be busy
Nana seemed really into it but as since not said anything, maybe just due to the inactivity of everyone else
were you actually trying to capitalize on inactivity to try and get people to sheep your tras accusation

that's so scummy
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

ShyYoshiGuy

Hello. I'm alive. There's nothing really to discuss yet. We all claim human, right? Good.
"Don't be nervous, be of service."
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

Toby

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on August 13, 2018, 01:21:03 PMwere you actually trying to capitalize on inactivity to try and get people to sheep your tras accusation

that's so scummy

Wtf no

1. I didn't even vote which I usually do if I'm serious
2. I asked for thoughts which I usually don't care for if I'm confident in something

Idk what ass you're pulling that from but welcome to the game

BrainyLucario

Quote from: ShyYoshiGuy on August 13, 2018, 02:10:14 PMHello. I'm alive. There's nothing really to discuss yet. We all claim human, right? Good.
There's always something to discuss. Using that as an excuse to not say something isn't very helpful
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Toby on August 13, 2018, 02:45:54 PMWtf no

1. I didn't even vote which I usually do if I'm serious
2. I asked for thoughts which I usually don't care for if I'm confident in something

Idk what ass you're pulling that from but welcome to the game
Quote from: Toby on August 13, 2018, 12:59:38 AMI would like to jail trasdegi

He seems interested and excited in this game and that lines up with how he typically is when he gets a wolf role

Thoughts?
quit tryna fookin backpedal m8

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

Ooookay I think I need to extend the phase
Another 24 hours
Guys come on
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

sorry

But, as for Toby, I don't know what you were expecting or why you're trying to pass that off as a reaction test (before you claim it wasn't, you specifically said "I know. I like your reaction."). If you're a human, you should know that that type of reaction test is basically useless and you learn absolutely nothing from it. However, if you're a wolf, you either encourage people to sheep on a Tras jailing, or have the ability to go "lol i was just joking" if you get called out for it.

this is basic stuff man you should know this

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

LOL

1. I see no back-pedalling so whatever

2. It was a reaction test yes. As a wolf I would see him being less defensive and less confrontational with reacting with 'ok... (in agreement = less confrontational), however that's not suspicious because...'. As a human he is able to feel more flexible in being able to create confrontation and say, as he did, 'no. That's not what happened'.
I got what I wanted from Tras, and I also got to see how others reacted to it. You using it against me is odd when you know it's common I reaction test, but you're odd in general so w/e.

3. If I'm a wolf I make plays I won't get called out on, saying tras came into the topic excited to play when he clearly isn't and only made 1 post does not follow that.

4. If I wanted to lead the jailing I would lead it on someone who could maybe establish a bit of trust as the game goes on, as the game is quiet now getting a harder jail target now is ideal. Tras generally doesn't talk much, and that makes him more suspicious as the game goes on, there are easier more valuable targets if that was my intention

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Toby on August 13, 2018, 05:30:48 PMLOL

1. I see no back-pedalling so whatever
i mean it's blatantly there so whatever

Quote2. It was a reaction test yes. As a wolf I would see him being less defensive and less confrontational with reacting with 'ok... (in agreement = less confrontational), however that's not suspicious because...'. As a human he is able to feel more flexible in being able to create confrontation and say, as he did, 'no. That's not what happened'.
I got what I wanted from Tras, and I also got to see how others reacted to it. You using it against me is odd when you know it's common I reaction test, but you're odd in general so w/e.
look

regardless of his role tras would have said what he said

your claimed "reaction test" is of no value to anybody

hence what i said

Quote3. If I'm a wolf I make plays I won't get called out on, saying tras came into the topic excited to play when he clearly isn't and only made 1 post does not follow that.
:morton2:

Quote4. If I wanted to lead the jailing I would lead it on someone who could maybe establish a bit of trust as the game goes on, as the game is quiet now getting a harder jail target now is ideal. Tras generally doesn't talk much, and that makes him more suspicious as the game goes on, there are easier more valuable targets if that was my intention
tras is literally the perfect choice to make a false lead on
He:
1. Has something you could potentially pick up on that would appeal to someone who's not really active or otherwise invested in the game (the "Oh! Tras is always more excited to play when he's a wolf" thing, even if a more active player would obviously see how untrue that was; pretty much, you counted on people not being active enough to call you out on it, and yes, play as a wolf does tend to differ in active games vs. inactive games).
2: Is the perfectly blend of inconspicuous and vague enough to almost always be a potential suspicion.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Toby, just in case it wasn't clear enough.

Also, as a human, you probably wouldn't say "You using it against me is odd," you'd admit that what you did was weak but that you were trying to stimulate activity or something idk. My only worry right now is that Toby could be the Mafia Godfather (that might explain his outrageous play and over-the-top reactions as trying to get himself jailed), but I think it's worth jailing him anyway just in case he's the Strongman.

also i am making an active effort to say jail/jailed/jailing instead of lynch/lynched/lynching but it's a struggle

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nana1Popo2

Like I mentioned, it really shouldn't matter to literally everyone except the Strongman if they get jailed or not.

Because everyone will get out the next day scot free.

If Toby rejects to getting jailed, then he is Strongman; if not, he has a 1/5 chance of being innocent.. (and with everyone else).

Also,
Quote from: Toby on August 13, 2018, 06:56:21 AMNana seemed really into it but as since not said anything, maybe just due to the inactivity of everyone else
Yes, inactivity, and also I work from roughly 7:30/8:30AM-4/5PM MST 5 days a week. If I don't talk when it's convenient for everyone else, I have a real excuse haha. I always check when I get home though.

I'd be willing to vote Toby just to start somewhere, however, BDS is going ham on starting off with Toby from something not really that big of a deal, imo.
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

ShyYoshiGuy

I don't know why we have to continue this phase, but if this is what it takes to move on, Toby. I don't like how you created an argument from nothing, but I'll go with it. I'm excited for when there's something real to argue about next day phase.
"Don't be nervous, be of service."
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Nana1Popo2 on August 13, 2018, 06:31:25 PMBDS is going ham on starting off with Toby from something not really that big of a deal, imo.
I mean, it is a pretty big deal. It's not only an indication of Toby's possible thoughts behind the scenes, but also concerning that Toby might have been pushing to waste a jailing and get the wolves closer to their win condition.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nana1Popo2

Alrighty, I'll do it, too.
Just to move things along.

Toby
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

Toby

LOL there's still heaps of time in the phase so don't insta.

But it's honestly whatever because I can still yell at you even after jailed lol

So you know how last game I was quiet and didn't say much
If I'm a wolf why would I not just do that again? Instead I made a post which I knew could gather some friction but create discussion. Please don't be sheep