ShyYoshiGuy's Arrangements (New: A lot of stuff)

Started by ShyYoshiGuy, August 11, 2018, 01:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShyYoshiGuy

Wacky Races for the Sega Dreamcast is my favorite game. Game Boy/Game & Watch Gallery is my favorite series. Yoshi's Woolly World is my favorite Yoshi game. And uh, California Games is cool, I guess. Finally all the games in the Requests section currently are there because Valxiya requested them. If you have a request for WR (I doubt it), GBG/G&WG (Eh), YWW (I could see that), or CG (Psh), absolutely send them my way.

Magenta- [Faithful Transcription Available]
Purple- [On site]
Shades of blue- In the submissions process
*- Next in line to enter submissions
**- Next next in line to enter submissions, etc.
(Color of asterisk(s) indicate(s) which submission it will replace.)
Green- Completed
Orange- Completed in Musescore
Red- Getting to it

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment. - Wacky Races (Starring Dastardly & Muttley)
You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.:
Oil Be Back* - [MUS] [YouTube]
Tombstone Pass - [Submission Topic]
Snow La Coasta - [On site]
Snow Hope Village - [On site]

Lumberjack Lake - [MUS] [YouTube]
Scarecrow Creek - [MUS] [YouTube]

Battle Theme - [On site]
Boss Theme - [MUS] [YouTube]
Miscellaneous Short Themes - [YouTube]

MUS
You cannot view this attachment.:
Main Theme - [MSCZ] [YouTube] (porting issues)
Team 00 Theme

Fish 'N' Ships
Subway Shenanigans

Wacky Tracks
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]

GB/GBC/GBA - Game & Watch Gallery 0-4: (Here we go, bois. 3/10 songs over 3/3 games. We can do it!)
1 - Game Select - [On site]
2 - Parachute - [On site]
1 - Fire - [On site]
1 - Octopus - [Submission Topic]
1 - Game & Watch Gallery - [MSCZ] [YouTube] (porting issues)
2 - Chef* - [Transcriptions]
0 - Ball** - [MUS] [YouTube (1:52)]
0 - Vermin - [MUS] [YouTube (2:55)]
0 - Flagman
0 - Manhole
0 - Cement Factory
2 - Helmet Level 1
4 - Game Select
3 - Mario Bros
4 - Mario's Cement Factory
3 - Turtle Bridge
1 - Game Corner 2

Game & Watch Gallery Game Name Chart
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
This list uses the North American/European numbering system, where 0 is Game Boy Gallery.

Wii U - Yoshi's Woolly World:
Up Shuttlethread Pass - [MUS] [MUSX] [YouTube]
Yarn Yoshi Takes Shape!
Sponge Cave Spelunking
Clawdaddy Beach
Across the Fluttering Dunes

NES - California Games:
Menu - [On site]
Half Pipe - [MUS] [YouTube]
Foot Bag - [MUS] [YouTube]
Flying Disk - [MUS] [YouTube]

Intellivision:
Hard Hat**
Snafu

Misc.: (Now doesn't my to-do list just keeping getting longer... More like a todo list.)
[SNES] Rocky & Bullwinkle - Main Theme
[GEN] Magic School Bus - Flying
(See naming convention in spoiler below.)
Baba Is You - Box Has Key (Already done Wall Is Stop, but it's not all that playable, ngl.)

Magic School Bus Naming
The only playlist I can find has no song titles, just numbers. These are what they should be called, based on the missions they play during:
  • Title
  • Walking (For whatever reason, the YouTube video isn't available, but this is the only theme not in the playlist]
  • Astro Blaster
  • Landing
  • Flying
  • Menu
  • Orbiter
  • Reflector
  • Matching Pairs
  • Shuffle

The missions are generally called [Mission] [preposition] [Planet/moon/dwarf planet]. Flying to the Moon, Flying to Mars, Flying to Venus, Matching Pairs for the Moon, Matching Pairs for Mars, etc. with a few exceptions. (Namely, Walking on the Clouds of Jupiter, Landing on the Rings of Saturn, and others.) Thus, "Flying to the Moon" is a bad name for theme 5 since it's the theme that plays when you fly anywhere. This is probably too much detail and no one will care, lol.
[close]

Requests:
LM3 - The Great Stage - [MUS] [YouTube]
LoZ:TP - Link is coming - [MUS] [YouTube]

KSA - Kindness-Steeping Street
KSA - Adventuring the World with Friends

Magenta- [Faithful Transcription Available]
Purple- [On site]
Shades of blue- In the submissions process
*- Next in line to enter submissions
**- Next next in line to enter submissions, etc.
(Color of asterisk(s) indicate(s) which submission it will replace.)
Green- Completed
Orange- Completed in Musescore
Red- Getting to it

Abandoned
[SW] - Yoshi's Crafted World
Main Theme - [MUS] [YouTube] [MP3]

The following arrangement is not my own. In case anyone still wanted to play it, it will stay right here.
[GB] - Game & Watch Gallery
Manhole - [PDF] [MIDI] [MUS]
[close]

Unrelated, I've discovered that there are only six themes left to be arranged for SM64. (Excluding "It's a me, Mario." No, seriously, that's included for some reason.) Most of them are really short. If no one gets on that by the summer, I'm gonna try to arrange them all and see how that goes. Just trying to make my queue for submissions grow and grow, lol. They are:

Haunted House, Course Clear, Game Over, Stage Boss, Koopa's Message, and Ending Demo
"Don't be nervous, be of service."
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

Brassman388

Have some pride for what you do, man.

It looks fine but just a few things to consider.

First is tonal and metric stuff.

In measure 4, beat 3 and 4 in the bass line; the G continues onto beat 3, the it leaps down to the E on the & of 3, the continues upward chromatically to F, then F-sharp back up to the G in the next measure. Kinda like a micro version of the figure in the last measure.

The quarter notes in measure 1 and 3, beat 1 and 2, as well as measure 2, the quarter note on the & of 2, sounds like it should be staccato. The only note that should be held out for a full beat is the quarter note on beat 4 of measures 2 and 6.

Other than that, fix a couple of visual things here and there and you'll have yourself an arrangement.

ShyYoshiGuy

I'll get to the tonal stuff later, but...

Quote from: Brassman388 on August 11, 2018, 01:49:50 PMOther than that, fix a couple of visual things here and there and you'll have yourself an arrangement.

Such as?
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

Brassman388

Take a trip into this thread.

http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=481.0

Learn it, practice it, live it.

Also, there's a template file so it shouldn't be too hard to muster a good-looking sheet.

Trasdegi

Tip of the day: if you change the 0 to 1 at the end of the dropbox link, you'll get a direct download link (instead to a link to the dropbox page)

Quote from: ShyYoshiGuy on August 11, 2018, 02:03:01 PMSuch as?

Title/copyright info are misaligned, tempo marking is wrong (it's a quarter note, not 2 8's). Anyways, as Brassman said, using the template file is way easier.

ShyYoshiGuy

Quote from: Trasdegi on August 11, 2018, 02:09:26 PMTip of the day: if you change the 0 to 1 at the end of the dropbox link, you'll get a direct download link (instead to a link to the dropbox page)

I'll go do that, thanks.

Quote from: Trasdegi on August 11, 2018, 02:09:26 PMtempo marking is wrong (it's a quarter note, not 2 8's).

Lol, I forgot about that. As far as I can tell, you can't add the tempo in Nopepad.

Quote from: Brassman388 on August 11, 2018, 02:06:26 PMAlso, there's a template file so it shouldn't be too hard to muster a good-looking sheet.
Quote from: Trasdegi on August 11, 2018, 02:09:26 PMAnyways, as Brassman said, using the template file is way easier.

Ok, I'll do that.
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

LeviR.star

Quote from: ShyYoshiGuy on August 11, 2018, 01:31:32 PM[GB?]

G&WG1 was only released to the GB
G&WG2 was released to the GB, and a year later to the GBC
G&WG3 was a GBC exclusive

^^ All of these saw re-releases on the 3DS Virtual Console. Hope this helps.

Also, if you want to chat over Discord about your sheet, I can help you fix it up.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

ShyYoshiGuy

Quote from: LeviR.star on August 11, 2018, 04:27:16 PMG&WG1 was only released to the GB
G&WG2 was released to the GB, and a year later to the GBC
G&WG3 was a GBC exclusive

^^ All of these saw re-releases on the 3DS Virtual Console. Hope this helps.

Ah. Ok, got it. I feel like I should know that. What would one list for G&WG2 then?
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

LeviR.star

Quote from: ShyYoshiGuy on August 11, 2018, 04:30:00 PMWhat would one list for G&WG2 then?

Great question. I'd label it as [GB], because the GBC cart was a re-release, so we list it as GB (i.e. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening)
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

ShyYoshiGuy

Quote from: LeviR.star on August 11, 2018, 04:44:24 PMGreat question. I'd label it as [GB], because the GBC cart was a re-release, so we list it as GB (i.e. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening)

Ok. Thanks.

Edit: I've modified the OP to remove the "?".
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

ShyYoshiGuy

Quote from: Brassman388 on August 11, 2018, 01:49:50 PMIn measure 4, beat 3 and 4 in the bass line; the G continues onto beat 3, the it leaps down to the E on the & of 3, the continues upward chromatically to F, then F-sharp back up to the G in the next measure. Kinda like a micro version of the figure in the last measure.

The quarter notes in measure 1 and 3, beat 1 and 2, as well as measure 2, the quarter note on the & of 2, sounds like it should be staccato. The only note that should be held out for a full beat is the quarter note on beat 4 of measures 2 and 6.

All fixed. I'm surprised with how little stuff I had to change.

Quote from: Brassman388 on August 11, 2018, 01:49:50 PMOther than that, fix a couple of visual things here and there and you'll have yourself an arrangement.

At this point, I'm going to have to copy the entire song over note by note to the new sheet, which isn't too bad considering the length of this song. I'll be sure to start with the template next time.

Edit: I didn't actually have to copy it note by note due to magic. The new version is now in the OP.
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

LeviR.star

Quote from: ShyYoshiGuy on August 11, 2018, 08:37:03 PMAt this point, I'm going to have to copy the entire song over note by note to the new sheet, which isn't too bad considering the length of this song. I'll be sure to start with the template next time.

Not necessarily; if you're using NopeNotepad, you can Copy/Paste the measures (right, guys?).

ShyYoshiGuy

Quote from: LeviR.star on August 11, 2018, 08:51:37 PMNot necessarily; if you're using NopeNotepad, you can Copy/Paste the measures (right, guys?).

Just... in time. I just figured that out.
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

Brassman388

ShyYoshiGuy

I feel like it was implied from the last reply, but is this ready for the submission process?
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!