News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

[PC] Mother 4 - "Boom Town Lounge"

Started by swimswamit, August 06, 2018, 01:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swimswamit

Just heard this one today, looking forward to the game now.

marioguy

Why would someone name their fangame something that might be the title of a real game?

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: marioguy on September 24, 2018, 01:29:30 PMWhy would someone name their fangame something that might be the title of a real game?
Quote from: marioguy on September 24, 2018, 01:29:30 PMmight be the title of a real game?
Haha funny.

But really though, that's fairly standard practice for fangames. It's for those kinds of fangames that try to replicate the ideas of the original series, and want the game to fit in well (which so far to me, seems like the majority of fangames). It helps with this if you give it a name that follows the naming conventions of the original series.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Yug_Guy

I heard that back when AM2R & Pokemon Uranium got taken down, they decided that they were going to change it from being a Mother fan game to its own original IP. Which makes sense; they had already put a significant amount of work into it, it'd be a shame if it got a DMCA from Nintendo the second it went live. So that's where this particular fan game is at right now.

mikey

unmotivated

Maelstrom

They started the project because Itoi said he would never make a mother 4 game.

marioguy

Quote from: Maelstrom on September 24, 2018, 05:37:04 PMThey started the project because Itoi said he would never make a mother 4 game.
Itoi might change his mind. Sakurai always says that his last Super Smash Bros. Game is whatever is the latest one.

Maelstrom

Yes but Itoi has said this multiple times ever since mother 3's release in 2006. That's very, very different from Sakurai