Performance Submission FAQ

Started by braix, July 29, 2018, 03:06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

braix

What are "NSM Performance Videos"?
  • To help give exposure to all the talented pianists in the VGM community, we will be creating YouTube playlists of people performing our sheets and posting them in a news post on the main site. If you want to see your own cover featured on the main site, we welcome you to submit them!

How do I my submit videos to be included in these playlists?
  • Create your own topic in the NSM Performance Videos thread, and post links to your videos there! There is no limit to how many videos you can submit.
  • Make sure to title your topic "[Name]'s Performance Submissions" so we know where to look! If your topic is not named in this format, we will not consider your videos for our playlists.

How many videos will be in each update?
  • We are aiming to have about 10 videos in each update. We will include no more than 3 videos from a single person in each playlist, to give more people a chance to shine.

How often will these playlists be updated?
  • We don't have a set schedule yet, as that will depend on how many submissions we get. We are currently aiming for at least one update per month.

What kind of videos are allowed?
  • There are a few guidelines your submission must meet in order to be included in an NSM Performance Video playlist:
  • The cover must be played on a piano.
  • The arrangement must be played from (or based on) a sheet hosted on NSM.
  • To make the sheets easy to find, please include the following in in the title or description of your video(s):
    • The song title as it appears on site
    • The game title as it appears on site
    • The arranger's name
  • The video(s) you submit must be of your own performance(s); You may not submit videos of another person's performances (Although you're encouraged to have them post their videos here themselves!)
  • Please post links to specific videos, not just a channel link. We need to know which videos we have permission to include in these playlists.
  • Old and new covers are both welcome.
  • It does not matter how good you are at piano, and perfection is not a requirement. Whether you are a YouTube/piano veteran or just starting out, we welcome and value your submissions just the same!

Why is my video not included?
  • It could either be in a backlog for the next update, or your submission may not have met the guidelines as outlined above. This includes old submissions. If this is the case for you, please edit your submission to meet the guidelines and notify me so I can add it to the next update.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

braix

So, yeah. This has been dead for a while.
No longer, now that braix is in charge!!

If anyone has questions beyond the ones answered in the FAQ above, let me know and I'll do my best to clear them up~
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.