Series: Other
Game: Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea
Console: PC
Title: Versus Laurentia
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Static

[attachment deleted by admin]

Static

I think I submitted this one awhile ago but replaced it with another sub, but this time it's here to stay...

InsigTurtle

thanks

Couple of things I'm wondering:
- why
- At that speed, is that triplet at the end of m.8 necessary? It seems a bit odd compared to how ''''''straightforward'''''' the rhythm is in other places
m.28 - the first quarter note in the bass is looking a bit uncomfortable with the neighbouring quarter note in its personal space, could space it out a bit more evenly there.

- Sounds like you could add accents to some of the notes in the runs

Most of the chords and notes seem good just from a quick glance. The patterns make it easier, I suppose :P

Brassman388

Static

I changed all the things (finally!)

I also adjusted m31-32 a bit since it was inaccurate.

Latios212

Quote from: InsigTurtle on July 24, 2018, 01:29:04 AMCouple of things I'm wondering:
- why
same

Anyway, feedback:
- https
- m. 10, the last two eighth notes in the LH should alternate 16ths with the RH like the rest of the measure. For this measure you could also put the dynamic direction above the staff to avoid the extra space at the beginning if you want.
- Maybe consider putting m. 5 RH in bass clef
- m. 11 - perhaps respell the last G# as an Ab?
- Double barline/section change between 13-14 instead of 14-15?
- m. 15-27 - I feel like some these chords would be easier spelled with flats, can elaborate more if you want
- m. 58 - Does the last chord still have A on the bottom? I'm not sure. Also maybe consider putting courtesy sharps on the F#'s in both the LH and RH

Rhythms seem alright to me, the only thing I'm hesitant on is bars 8-9. Besides the 17/16 weirding me out I think it's a bit strange to have the beginning of the run seemingly artificially separated from the rest at the barline, since the original feels like just one smooth run. Thoughts?

nice job :P
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Quote from: Latios212 on September 30, 2018, 06:58:39 AM- https
- Maybe consider putting m. 5 RH in bass clef
- m. 11 - perhaps respell the last G# as an Ab?
- m. 15-27 - I feel like some these chords would be easier spelled with flats, can elaborate more if you want
- m. 58 - Does the last chord still have A on the bottom? I'm not sure. Also maybe consider putting courtesy sharps on the F#'s in both the LH and RH
Fixed. And yes, that A is there. In the original, it's down an octave, but that's impossible to play so I moved it up.

Quote from: Latios212 on September 30, 2018, 06:58:39 AM- m. 10, the last two eighth notes in the LH should alternate 16ths with the RH like the rest of the measure. For this measure you could also put the dynamic direction above the staff to avoid the extra space at the beginning if you want.
I made these 8th notes because otherwise the jump from that F# to literally the lowest note on a piano would be too difficult at full speed.

Quote from: Latios212 on September 30, 2018, 06:58:39 AM- Double barline/section change between 13-14 instead of 14-15?
To me, m14 feels like an intro leading into the m15 section, so that's why I put the double barline there. It's pretty ambiguous, though.

Quote from: Latios212 on September 30, 2018, 06:58:39 AMRhythms seem alright to me, the only thing I'm hesitant on is bars 8-9. Besides the 17/16 weirding me out I think it's a bit strange to have the beginning of the run seemingly artificially separated from the rest at the barline, since the original feels like just one smooth run. Thoughts?
It is kinda weird, so I went and made the slur connect between the barlines. I think it sounds better and makes more sense that way.

Latios212

Quote from: Static on September 30, 2018, 08:37:46 PMI made these 8th notes because otherwise the jump from that F# to literally the lowest note on a piano would be too difficult at full speed.
Fair enough. I'd personally suggest still having the LH alternate with the RH 16ths one time instead of making it on beat - this would also give you an extra split second to make the jump.

Approved!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

I feel like the (q) = 120 in m1 and the two molto cresc. markings in m10 in m60 are abnormally large... especially considering that the tempo marking in m50 seems to be scaled appropriately...

EDIT: The composer/arranger info could also probably stand to be moved down and spaced out a bit.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Static

Quote from: mastersuperfan on October 08, 2018, 04:11:19 PMI feel like the (q) = 120 in m1 and the two molto cresc. markings in m10 in m60 are abnormally large... especially considering that the tempo marking in m50 seems to be scaled appropriately...

EDIT: The composer/arranger info could also probably stand to be moved down and spaced out a bit.
Done.

Libera

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Libera.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot