News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

[ARCADE] Haunted Castle - "Cross Your Heart" (Replacement) by LeviR.star

Started by Zeta, July 16, 2018, 08:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Castlevania
Game: Haunted Castle
Console: ARCADE
Title: Cross Your Heart
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LeviR.star

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Sebastian

LeviR.star

That's my mid-2000s NinSheetMusic-styled sheet! You're the second person to notice, with Latios being the first.

Crossyourheart.mus

Here's my recipe:

1. Take the finished sheet, and convert it to .midi, but only if you're arranging it yourself
2. Create a .midi dump of said .midi; name the file just the title of the song without spaces
3. Convert the time signature to common time, no matter what it is already
4. Make sure the repeat at the end doesn't work with the playback
5. Delete the Piano marking at the beginning
6. Take a misspelled arranger nickname with some unspecific composer info and put them into the same line with no specific font style
7. Label the game name wrong and put it on the same line as the song title; omit quotation marks, too
8. Use (C) for © in the copyright info, and don't bother including the NinSheetMusic URL
9. And finally, if not already done, set the instrumentation in the Staff Manager to "Grand Piano", and make the unspecified dynamic volume really loud

And yet, somehow, after doing all of this, you have to admit; it looks better than the sheet I'm already replacing. How far we've come over 14 years. Files changed with the real sheet.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

InsigTurtle

Just a couple of things I noticed:
m.6,8 - Eb's should be D#'s
m.14 - Here, it sounds like the part in the LH should be louder than or on top of the RH part

LeviR.star

Quote from: InsigTurtle on July 24, 2018, 01:43:34 AMm.6,8 - Eb's should be D#'s

Fixed.

Quote from: InsigTurtle on July 24, 2018, 01:43:34 AMm.14 - Here, it sounds like the part in the LH should be louder than or on top of the RH part

While I respect and appreciate you listened to it that closely, I'm going to have to disagree on that one; I find it unnecessary. Though, if other updaters were to say the same, I would change it.

Latios212

Have you given any consideration to m. 3-4 where the two 16th note lines are in extremely close proximity and sometimes even overlap each other? I would strongly suggest moving one of them or otherwise doing something to avoid that.

Quote from: LeviR.star on July 24, 2018, 06:32:22 PMWhile I respect and appreciate you listened to it that closely, I'm going to have to disagree on that one; I find it unnecessary. Though, if other updaters were to say the same, I would change it.
I could be convinced either way here. So, probably fine to leave it.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on August 05, 2018, 11:42:06 AMHave you given any consideration to m. 3-4 where the two 16th note lines are in extremely close proximity and sometimes even overlap each other? I would strongly suggest moving one of them or otherwise doing something to avoid that.

Done. Thank you, Lat

Also worked through layers in m.5-8 and flipped L.H. 16ths in the last measure in a Discord discussion. Awaiting note-check now.

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Latios212

Notes check out for me :3

Just a final few visual comments:
- You may want to just use 16th rests for the LH of m. 1 and 2 instead of having the noteheads for the low F's adjacent to each other.
- You can combine layers for beat 3-4 of m. 6 and 8, and use staccatos normally instead of doubling them.
- I'd suggest separating the LH/RH staves from m. 5-8 since the triplet 3 is as close to the LH figure as it is to the right. You can move another system onto page 2 to make room for this if you like.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Levi told me via Discord I could make the edits for him, so I did.

Looks good.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Zeta