News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

NinSheet Community Trivia!

Started by Time Link, July 15, 2018, 06:52:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Time Link

Hello all,
I liked Levi's Snippets of Game Trivia, so I asked him if I could do something like that, too. He said it was alright, so I thought I would start a community trivia thing. If you come up with some interesting game information, put it here. I hope you all enjoy!

Time Link

Okay, here's some Zelda stuff that I found interesting:

1. Shigeru Miyamoto has said that he borrowed Zelda's name from the wife of the author F. Scott Fitzgerald, Zelda Fitzgerald.
(Why her, though)?

2. The first Zelda game was planned to use Maurice Ravel's Bolero, but since it was not yet a public piece of music, Koji Kondo composed original music for the game. (Koji's composition sounds better than Ravel's).

3. In every Zelda game, Link has used the Master Sword and the Hylian Shield. (Link's protection of choice).

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Time Link on July 15, 2018, 07:01:27 AMKoji's composition sounds better than Ravel's

uh

Also they kept the drumbeat and tempo of the bolero, fun fact. (It was on the title screen)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Time Link

Here's a quick fact: Dance Dance Mario Dance Revolution was the only Mario dance game ever.

LeviR.star

And the most significant role Waluigi (the antagonist) has ever had, which isn't saying much.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Time Link

Two quick facts:

1. Wario first made his appearance in Wario's Woods, a NES game.

2. Waluigi wasn't even created by Nintendo. (They only had him made so that Wario would have a partner in Mario Tennis).

Olimar12345

Quote from: Time Link on July 15, 2018, 07:01:27 AM3. In every Zelda game, Link has used the Master Sword and the Hylian Shield. (Link's protection of choice).

Not sure where you're getting your facts from, but neither the master sword nor the Hylian Shield are usable in Majora's Mask.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

Also Wario's first appearance was definitely Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Time Link

Well, for the Majora's Mask thing, Isn't the shield that you start with the Hylian shield? It just looks like a different variation of symbols. And as for the Master Sword, when you get the Fierce Deity Mask, the sword that you get is like the Master Sword (i.e. it shoots lasers). I know it's not that in every game, but that's kind of what it's known for.

Time Link

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 17, 2018, 10:18:51 PMAlso Wario's first appearance was definitely Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
About that.... you definitely have a point there about Wario having a role in Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins. But he was first created for Wario's Woods as you see him on the front cover.

Libera

Wario Land also came out before Wario's Woods and Wario is literally the main character in that game. 

AmpharosAndy

off to a flying start i must say
innit

ThatHiddenCharacter

I looked it up and Wario's first appearance was definitely Super Mario Land 2. He was originally created to be an archnemesis of Mario, but ending up getting his own spinoff series (Wario Land) which then ended sprouting a completely different spinoff series (WarioWare). Wario's Woods came out sometime after Super Mario Land 2 and they decided to reuse Wario for the game, but he was not created for it.

EDIT: Looked it up again and found that Wario's Woods came out two years after Super Mario Land 2. Super Mario Land 2 being 1992 and Wario's Woods being 1994.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

LeviR.star

Time Link probably concluded that since Wario was in an NES game, it was his first appearance, but failed to notice that the game had an upgraded port on the SNES, or to find out that Wario's Woods was among the very last North American NES releases; it entered the market in 1994, 3 years after the launch of the SNES.

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Olimar12345

Funny enough, Wario isn't even the main character of Wario's Woods; he's the antagonist. You actually play as Toad throughout the game. Hell, Wario gets about as much screen time as Birdo, sans a few cutscenes.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!