News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

A Help to MuseScore Formatting

Started by Trasdegi, July 14, 2018, 09:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trasdegi

I converted NSM's template with a couple edits to MuseScore, and I made a program to fix some formatting things that are lost in the MusicXML conversion. I thought it could be useful, so I decided to share them here:

Template:

[1.0][1.1][1.2][1.3][1.4]

XML Editor:

[1.0][1.1][1.2][1.3]

How to use this:

1. Download the template
2. Copy/paste the music/composer/arranger/copyright (File > Score Properties...)/...
3. Export as MusicXml
4. Download the program
5. Drag-and-drop the .xml on the .exe
6. Drag-and-drop the xml in Finale Notepad.

What the program does:
- Add page numbers
- Add measure numbers
- Add second page titles

(N.B: This program only work for 1-piano sheets.)

Olimar12345

This is a GREAT way to help accommodate musescore users! Great idea, Tras! Someone sticky this or something!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Dudeman

Stickied because !!!!!! Tras, you've gone above and beyond with this!

(I unfortunately can't test it because I'm stuck on a Mac but I trust that it functions :P)
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

PlayfulPiano

jesus christ you're insane

So does this go musescore -> finale or finale -> musescore? Or both?

Trasdegi

Musescore -> finale, and it just adds measures numbers + removes pno. markings in an xml file. Source code is only 20 lines, so it's not that insane :)

WaluigiTime64

If you're going to further update this program, I'd suggest immediately focusing on subtitles on each page, copyright information, and page numbers, because those (besides the measure numbers you already added in) are the only things a MuseScore user can't get in the MUS that's required for formatting.
The uh... "Pno." thing could already be removed without any need for a program, btw.

Those'd be hard though, because the way MuseScore sets up those bits of text is different from Finale. Impressive what you've done so far regardless.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Maelstrom

LeviR.star

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Dudeman

Given that Tras's native language is French, I'm assuming the h in help is supposed to be silent
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

AwesomeYears

Spoiler
[close]

I've got this problem when trying to run the exe.

Trasdegi

Quote from: Maelstrom on July 14, 2018, 03:35:01 PM"An help"

Yeah, that's one of the (too many) mistakes I usually make.

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on July 14, 2018, 03:25:14 PMIf you're going to further update this program, I'd suggest immediately focusing on subtitles on each page, copyright information, and page numbers, because those (besides the measure numbers you already added in) are the only things a MuseScore user can't get in the MUS that's required for formatting.
The uh... "Pno." thing could already be removed without any need for a program, btw.

Those'd be hard though, because the way MuseScore sets up those bits of text is different from Finale. Impressive what you've done so far regardless.

Yeah, that probably will be harder, but I'll try.

Quote from: AwesomeYears on July 14, 2018, 06:34:43 PM
Spoiler
[close]

I've got this problem when trying to run the exe.

That's because you're supposed to drag-and-drop a .xml on the exe, not double-click it.

Trasdegi

V 1.1 is here!

Changelog:
-Error message when you execute the .exe without a file
-Now adds copyright on all pages
-Now puts subtitles on all but the first page

Trasdegi

V 1.2 is here!

Changelog:
-This version adds page numbers. However, their positions are hardcoded in the script (I copy-pasted (with some minor edits) the page numbers thing from another xml exported by FInale), so they won't always be accurate. However, you can move them in Finale Notepad, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Latios212

This is great! Thanks for the effort to make the Musescore-Finale transition easier.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

BrainyLucario

Whenever I convert my sheets from musescore to finale I save it as an xml document, open it in finale, get the file template for our sheets and select all the measures and copy and paste it over. I don't know if this is easier or not but it works for me
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.