News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

New Old Zelda Game

Started by BlueFlameDude, July 21, 2008, 02:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davey

I have a DS but I didn't play it. I hate all of the new handheld zelda games. Well, Minish Cap was okay but it had NOTHING to do with the storyline.

blah54

the handheld zelda games were just as good as the others if you ask me... and there's no real zelda storyline... i don't know about you, but i don't play zelda for the story, because it's not generally that well-defined...

but i'll give you that phantom hourglass was definitely not that great... the other handhelds, everyone forgets about them, but if you ask me they're just as good...
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

Gooch

To try and redo and make Ocarina and Majora better games is like when they made Chrono Cross, hoping that it could be just as perfect as Chrono Trigger, it shoudn't happen (not to say the Cross wasn't a amazing game, but Trigger is the epidemy of Perfection)

Gu4n

I'd rather see a 2D remake for the Nintendo DS from Link's Awakening.

BlueFlameDude

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

Psychic_Ness

i don't think nintendo should spend effort in remaking oot and mm. They're great games and everyone already likes them. If there's gonna be work spent on upping the graphics that could be an entirely new game done already.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Psychic_Ness on August 03, 2008, 08:07:32 AMi don't think nintendo should spend effort in remaking oot and mm. They're great games and everyone already likes them. If there's gonna be work spent on upping the graphics that could be an entirely new game done already.

Exactly.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Palagerini

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on August 03, 2008, 09:57:54 AM
Quote from: Psychic_Ness on August 03, 2008, 08:07:32 AMi don't think nintendo should spend effort in remaking oot and mm. They're great games and everyone already likes them. If there's gonna be work spent on upping the graphics that could be an entirely new game done already.

Exactly.

or just make it for the ds for those who haven't played it...(and those who don't have wiis) super mario 64 is already there.. why not zelda?
Conversation on Shoddy Battle:
<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah. i sent them to her dad

Before you post you might want to make sure you have a couple of these: ..!!??,,,

Feel free to place them wherever.

SuperFireKirby

Isn't Super Mario 64 a scroll-by game?

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Gooch

If you mean like Kirby games in Scroll-by, then no, SM64 was a platformer, free reign of where you went. But i personally dont think that OoT or MM would be good DS candidates.

BlueFlameDude

Quote from: Gooch on August 03, 2008, 02:13:27 PMIf you mean like Kirby games in Scroll-by, then no, SM64 was a platformer, free reign of where you went. But i personally dont think that OoT or MM would be good DS candidates.

i agree
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

Jedesyus

honestly, I think Nintendo should get their act together and make a proper, comprehensive timeline for the LoZ series, and fill in all of the gaps with new games instead of dwelling on the old ones.

SuperFireKirby

They need to make at least a couple LoZ games with story lines that go together.

NasiDe

QuoteIsn't Super Mario 64 a scroll-by game?
:P Nope. That's in 3-D.

Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask would be OK to remake. I sure would like to know what happens between games. But other than that, it's not really that much of a needed thing.

What I want to see is a game placing us after OoT, MM, and TP but before WW.

QuoteWell, Minish Cap was okay but it had NOTHING to do with the storyline.
Btw, if you beat Minish Cap, you should notice that's where Link first gets the hat at the very end of the game. Shouldn't that place it at the very beginning?

kotorfanboy

I bet next gen they will remake the n64 zeldas because at that time the n64 will be pretty outdated and nintendo will want to bring the awesomeness of those games back to the present.