change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

An NSM-Exclusive Piano Album - Your Sheets Are Invited! ^^

Started by daj, July 10, 2018, 08:08:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daj

Heyya! ^^

So, after discussing with Lat, and admitting that I had done way too many of his sheets for albums...I'd like to open to the floor for a fun new concept I'm super excited about! ^^

This will be an all-NSM-arranger VGM piano album;
one track per arranger;
one franchise.

I think having your sheets played live, in the context of a publicly distributed album, could be something to be pretty proud about! :) For this project, I'd like to feature as many arrangers as possible, therefore only one sheet per arranger is permitted. And to have any chance at all for searches, it's best to keep all arrangements from the same franchise - Lat and I agreed it'd be either Mario or Zelda.

Just to kick this off, would anyone be interested in contributing a sheet to this? ^^ I'll go learn it and record it to album-quality, so there'll probably be extra rounds of edits for playability and general cleaning-up. Do let me know in the replies if you'd be interested, and if you have any preference for Mario or Zelda~ [update: it'll be mario!]

If the interest is there and we've decided on a franchise, I can't wait to start learning those sheets of yours! <3

~

Currently confirmed:

- "Tostarena Ruins" (SMO), arr. Static

- "Dodo's Coming!!" (Super Mario RPG), arr. THC

- "Secret Mine" (Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon), arr. Levi

- "Starshine Beach Galaxy" (SMG2), arr. Latios212

- "Starship Mario 1" (SMG2), arr. Sebastian

~

my wish list ;w; (if you're writing from scratch)

> "Bowser Jr.'s Fiery Flotilla" (SMG2) - it'll be a replacement for the on-site one

> The SMB2 Overworld Theme, but a playable version xP

> The Sky Theme/"Athletic" from SMB3, though I'd gladly cheat using Bespinben's sheet too

> any more laid-back track from SMO

Sebastian

I'd be interested in contributing to this project! I think my preference would have to be Mario. I bet you never would've guessed. ;)

Olimar12345

You know I'd always be down to help! Mario would probably be three most versatile and allow for more people to get involved, but my personal preference would be zelda tbh.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

ThatHiddenCharacter

If I'm understanding everything correctly, I'd be interested as well. And I also lean towards Mario as you probably already guessed.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

LeviR.star

Count me in, as well as also being a Mario arranger.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

SlowPokemon

I'd contribute something. Would prefer Zelda, but I can make Mario work. (You also could do a hybrid Mario-Zelda album—just a thought!)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

LeviR.star

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 10, 2018, 11:03:35 AM(You also could do a hybrid Mario-Zelda album—just a thought!)

Why not -- they're both dominated by Mr. Kondo, so that might work well!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Zeila

^^ I think a hybrid one would be nice, but if it were just the two options then I'd prefer Zelda. If you want more variety then you could do a Mario one since you already did a BotW album

Sebastian

Quote from: Zeila on July 10, 2018, 04:21:13 PMIf you want more variety then you could do a Mario one since you already did a BotW album
This is another reason why I choose Mario.^

daj

ooh wow!! thanks for the response guys ;w;

~

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 10, 2018, 11:03:35 AMI'd contribute something. Would prefer Zelda, but I can make Mario work. (You also could do a hybrid Mario-Zelda album—just a thought!)

Quote from: LeviR.star on July 10, 2018, 11:38:31 AMWhy not -- they're both dominated by Mr. Kondo, so that might work well!

Quote from: Zeila on July 10, 2018, 04:21:13 PM^^ I think a hybrid one would be nice, but if it were just the two options then I'd prefer Zelda. If you want more variety then you could do a Mario one since you already did a BotW album

soooo i'm just going to explain this a little.

no one is stopping me from mixing up the franchises, however i think it's the best strategy, marketing-wise, if we stick to one. ^^ reason being that most searches are done by track, then by game - in that order - and classifying all tracks in the same game yields us a higher chance that the listener will just shuffle through the album.

i think it's important to market this as widely as possible, because it spreads your names, and it spreads the NSM name! :D plus, i'm sure all of us would prefer a bigger audience if there was a choice ;p

anyway! it seems we're starting to gravitate towards a Mario album, so if you guys have sheets to suggest feel free to post them! I'll take a read through hehe~

Latios212

Quote from: daj on July 10, 2018, 08:08:19 AMSo, after discussing with Lat, and admitting that I had done way too many of his sheets for albums...
Is that... a problem? (;

Anyway, if you'll have me, I'll contribute! Might need to arrange something new, though, since I have surprisingly few good Mario sheets done...
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

daj

Quote from: Latios212 on July 10, 2018, 06:25:24 PMAnyway, if you'll have me, I'll contribute! Might need to arrange something new, though, since I have surprisingly few good Mario sheets done...

fiiiine i'll have you ;w;

anyway! i've also added my mario wishlist on the op. no needs to follow that, but if you're going to write something from scratch and have some ideas, i'd be delighted if you could take one of those up <3

Yug_Guy

I would definitely love to be a part of this! Only caveat being that I don't have many Mario sheets (and no Zelda sheets whatsoever). But, I'm sure I can come up with something!

Latios212

Quote from: daj on July 10, 2018, 06:53:25 PMfiiiine i'll have you ;w;
ehehe

I'll see if I can finish up a half-done arrangement of Starshine Beach Galaxy I've forgotten about. Time permitting I'll have a look at other stuff on your idea list.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Greg

I'm down to throw something in, but most of my decent quality sheets are for two pianos, heh. I'll see if I can come up with something!