NinSheetMusic Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Author Topic: The Arranger-Focused Projects Initiative  (Read 48 times)

Sebastian

• Master of the Mario
  • Updater
  • Nintendo Nocturne
  • Shoot me a discord message anytime for music help!
    • View Profile
The Arranger-Focused Projects Initiative
« on: July 06, 2018, 12:51:12 AM »

Something cool I like to do and enjoy doing is work on fun projects (typically, encompassing a specific soundtrack or even a collage of random sheets from random games) with an arranger. This helps me help an arranger grow by checking their sheets one-on-one and giving them live feedback. Previous incarnations have proven to be very beneficial to the arranger. For example, Donkey Kong 64 - WaluigiTime64.

The breakdown of this initiative is as follows: The arranger gradually arranged the sheets, I (the moderating Updater) look over the sheet(s) live via chat or screenshare (if the arranger wishes) as the arranger arranges them, and the arranger learns and grows through this process.

Once the project is finished, there is a possibility of these sheets being put on the site.
As a side note, I'm hoping to have this happen with every project, but try not to get your hopes up. The fact that the sheets from a specified project will all be checked by one Updater (myself) already will increase the chances of them getting on site, unlike other arrangement projects in the past where all the sheets were dumped with major revisions needed.

If you would be interested in doing this, see instructions below, post, and then we can take subsequent steps from there.

Q&A:
Projects haven't seemed to work well in the past. They would go long, not much Updater/arranger interaction, etc. Why is this any different?
In the past, arrangement projects typically went like this: Arranger dumps sheets, Updater(s) check them, they get fixed by the Updaters and eventually accepted. There is little interaction between Updater and arranger about changes being made, Updaters lose interest because of the giant backlog of sheets and the changes being solely reliant on the Updater, and the length of the projects.

First of all, this endeavor isn't rooted in getting sheets on the site, but rather in the growth of the arranger. The primary function of this is to grow the arranger. How? Every sheet will be reviewed with the arranger's involvement and/or via live feedback. Explanations will be given for comments made on the sheet in hopes that the arranger will not make the same mistakes again and that it will help grow his arranging and engraving skills.

Secondly, these projects will be significantly shorter and more attainable than previous projects done. I have set a limit to 40 sheets (at most) for each project.

Finally, there will be not be inactivity on my end since I'm the one starting it and seeing it through. ;)

Will these sheets be updated to the site?
Maybe, but no guarantees. However, your chances will be increased. Here are two things that increase your chances of getting them on the site (outside of doing high-quality arranging): 1. One Updater will have already checked, fixed, and approved all of them.  2. Because of this, only one other Updater has to check them before being accepted.
My two biggest pieces of advice for those really wanting to get theirs updated to the site are these: 1. Do the best high-quality arranging you possibly can and stay on top of your project time-wise (this should be a given) and 2. Seek out a second Updater to perform a second check.   

Want to do your own?
If you would like to do a project of your own, here's what to do:
1. Find a soundtrack or collage of sheets you would like to do. If you want to do a specific OST, the maximum amount per project is 40. If you want to do a backlog of your personal arrangements or random songs from random games, the maximum amount per project is 15.
If you want to do a soundtrack with more then 40, we can either cut it down to specific tracks you want to do the most, or we can split the project into multiple projects. Also, for clarification, you don't have to pick a soundtrack. If you have a bunch of high-quality sheets that have been sitting in your thread, bring 'em on by. Also, I can amend the rules in certain cases. For example, if you have 15 super long arrangements, I may limit you to 5 or 10 at most. Also, if you have a lot of super short songs or fanfares, I can increase the max, as well. I'm willing to work with whatever you bring me.

2. Post below giving the specifications of your desired project. NOTE: Only three projects can go at the same time. Yes, I know there are currently four, but since I made the rules after I took those on, I've adjusted the amount of projects allowed at the same time for this time only. You can still post below even if there are three projects going. You'll be next in line when a project finishes, if that's the case.

3. Stay on top of your project! If projects seem to be going inactive due to the arranger, I will terminate it. Don't worry though. I will give plenty of warnings before that. You won't be surprised if your project is terminated.

Current Projects:

Sonic the Hedgehog 1, 2, & 3, & Knuckles - Yug_Guy
Progress: N/A at the moment. I'll get caught up on this soon...

Castlevania - The Adventure (GB) - LeviR.Star
Progress: Arranged: 9 out of 9 - Approved: 6 out of 9.

Paper Mario: Color Splash - ThatHiddenCharacter
Progress: Arranged: 9 out of ?? - Approved: 6 out of ??.

Super Mario Sunshine - E. Gadd Industries
Progress: Arranged: 10 out of ?? - Approved: 0 out of ??.

Until I finalize some more things and work out some of the kinks, this topic will remain locked.

Stay tuned...

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 22 queries.