News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

[DELETED] [NDS] Pokémon Black Version & Pokémon White Version - "Nacrene City" (Replacement) by braixen1264

Started by Zeta, June 30, 2018, 11:16:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Black Version & Pokémon White Version
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Nacrene City
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: braixen1264

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Libera

Hey there, sorry to see you haven't got any feedback yet.  I've gone through the sheet and have a couple of suggestions.  (I haven't checked notes but from a once over it looks and sounds pretty great, so well done!)

- You're a little inconsistent with your notation for triplets, e.g. in m.26 you have them written without brackets, whereas in the subsequent measure you have brackets.  (That's just an example, this happens all over the piece.)

- In m.65 you have the tie colliding with the triplet.  I'd swap the stem on the dotted minim and on the triplet and then move the tie down a bit to stop it clashing with the C.  (I'd show you what I mean, but I'm not sure how to upload a picture on here...)  If you want me to send you a picture over discord I can.

braix

- For the triplets, I think the brackets are just what the program does automatically if it starts with a rest.
- Fixed the colliding tie

- Also moved around some notes to clearly show how the swung 8ths align with the triplets
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Brassman388

I love me a good jazz piece.

While I don't hear anything weird tonally, I feel like some of those triplet counter melodies are interfering with the main melody. maybe move them around to the other hand, change octaves? There's other things going on besides those triplet interjections that I think could serve the piece better.

Keep on with the keep on.

Maelstrom

Libera