[NDS] Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - "Marvin Grossberg ~ Old Age, Regret, Retribution" by Onionleaf

Started by Zeta, June 23, 2018, 11:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Ace Attorney
Game: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Marvin Grossberg ~ Old Age, Regret, Retribution
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Onionleaf

[attachment deleted by admin]

Onionleaf

Again, sorry for the lack of response. Here's the link to the previous submission: http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=9872

To answer the query about the mordents, yes it was due to Finale playback that I have included them instead of grace notes. At the moment though, the playback sounds off only in m 6.

nacho2420

Looks good!

Only one thing I noticed:

It's best to put quarter note  = 90, just so it's clear that you mean that rather than a eighth note etc. Just be super clear with tempo markings! I suggest notating it like this:

Swing (swing marking)
quarter note  = 90

Onionleaf

Sebastian

Nice work. Notes are great.
Few things:
- You put slurs on some of the grace notes, but not all of them. For examples, M. 6 & 8.
- Put a courtesy natural on the B in M. 13 (RH).
- Also, on that same note, make the parenthesis farther apart. It's really close to that note. Same as the note in M. 15 (with parentheses).
- Put a courtesy natural on the B in M. 15 (LH).
- The top staff in M. 12 could be confusing to some. It looks like there is an eighth between the quarter notes with that quarter rest hidden. I would recommend un-hiding the rest and moving the eighth rest down a bit.
- I'd mess with the formatting a bit to give the arranger names and composer name more room, but I'll leave this one up to you.

That's all I have for this one.

Khunjund

Please stop making lists using hyphens.

Maelstrom

Onionleaf

Haha, Onionélaf sounds like a name for some fancy French cuisine. :D

I made all those adjustments, thanks!

Maelstrom

2 comments
-Should the DS arranger be bolded, since he's an arranger?
-Grace notes should be slured, but aren't those phrases already slurred in the first place?

Onionleaf

Quote from: Maelstrom on July 05, 2018, 04:43:44 PM2 comments
-Should the DS arranger be bolded, since he's an arranger?
-Grace notes should be slured, but aren't those phrases already slurred in the first place?

Not sure if these comments were intended for me or not? ??? I simply followed the same formatting that has been used in previous sheets, so not sure if it's worth making these changes?

Maelstrom

Zeta