Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Owlboy
Console: Multiplatform
Title: End Credits
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Th3Gavst3r

Libera

Wow this a beautiful piece!  I'd heard of Owlboy before but I'd never heard the soundtrack.  (Maybe I should have a listen sometime...)

-At NSM we require metronome markings on tempos (I understand the want to avoid them, but you can give approximates if you like.)
-In bar 19, I'm hearing the lower voice go up to a A# rather than a B as you've written it.
-I'm not entirely sure about those bottom of the piano Bs.  I think maybe the one in bar 18 is the octave up?
-I'm hearing the final chord in second inversion (i.e. with an F# in the bass.)  Also I don't think it's that low.  I think it should be the F# you've written at the bottom, then B then D# in ascending order.
-The piece never gets particularly loud, but there is some dynamic variation (I'd never go above mp though if I were you.)  Have a mess around with that and see what you come up with.

Nice work though.

Libera

Khunjund

Wow, I have to commend the work that went into making the Finale playback sound exactly like the original.

Looks really good as a whole.

Personally, I'd put a closing hook around the D# in measure 8 instead of a line back to the top staff.

The left hand in measure 18 plays a fifth, like in measure 15.

I'm not sure if the left hand plays a B in measure 24, but it doesn't really matter if you put it in or not. Omitting it would keep the texture more consistent, in any case.

Quote from: Libera on October 03, 2018, 12:27:44 PMIn bar 19, I'm hearing the lower voice go up to a A# rather than a B as you've written it.

I'm pretty sure this isn't the case.

Quote from: Libera on October 03, 2018, 12:27:44 PM-I'm not entirely sure about those bottom of the piano Bs.  I think maybe the one in bar 18 is the octave up?

I hear it at that octave too.

Edit: I mean the octave it's currently written at, below the staff.

Quote from: Libera on October 03, 2018, 12:27:44 PM-I'm hearing the final chord in second inversion (i.e. with an F# in the bass.)  Also I don't think it's that low.  I think it should be the F# you've written at the bottom, then B then D# in ascending order.

This is a performance thing, and it occasionally happens to me too. The F# does stand out more, but I hear all the notes as they're written here.

Quote from: Libera on October 03, 2018, 12:27:44 PM-The piece never gets particularly loud, but there is some dynamic variation (I'd never go above mp though if I were you.)  Have a mess around with that and see what you come up with.

I agree: there could be a few more visible dynamics. If you really want to leave everything to the interpret, at least write something like con gran espressione (straight out of Chopin's posthumous Nocturne in C sharp minor, though even he used extensive dynamic notation despite this indication).
Please stop making lists using hyphens.

Libera

Moving this to the archive for the time being.  Feel free to resubmit whenever you're ready.