[DELETED] [NDS] The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - "Tower of Spirits Staircase" by artcat

Started by Zeta, May 31, 2018, 06:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game: The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Tower of Spirits Staircase
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: artcat

TwinAdam

nacho2420

Cool sheet!

Some things from me:

I think 3/4 will best represent the feel of the piece rather than 6/8. Looks like you also beam it like it's in 3/4 as well. With that being said, I'd change the tempo marking to quarter note = 148

Measure 2, 9 etc should have a D rather than C on the 2nd eighth note.

Meas. 17 - maybe start the LH pattern with the part you have from Meas 25-32 in place of what you have in meas 17, vice versa. At least, thats the way I hear it in the recording

Lastly, give me a timestamp from the youtube recording for what you have at 49 and onward. There might be some additional editing to do in the LH

Good work so far!

TwinAdam

I've updated the links to include the revisions.

• It has been changed from 6/8 to 3/4 with the tempo change suggested
  • The C's in the second bar of the melody have all been changed to D's - I now hear what you are saying
  • Referring to switching the measure 17 pattern with the measure 25 pattern, I actually have another recording that has no fade in tracks, just immediate additions. You can hear at 0:39 that the measure 17 pattern comes first. The recording quality in this version is poor, so I didn't reference it for the whole piece, but I would keep the measure 17 pattern first.
  • For 49 and onward, I would look at 6:21 in the original youtube video that I used.

Thank you for the suggestions!

LeviR.star

If you ask me, you've either got too large of a page size, or too many measures per system. You could either decrease the amount of measures per system to evenly distribute over 3 pages (because your current page 3 has only 2 systems), or decrease the size to somewhere between 90 - 95% to make only 2 pages necessary.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

TwinAdam

Alright, now I've got it so that the systems go 4 on the first page, 4 on the next, and 3 on the last. Let me know if there's anything else I need to do in regards to formatting it, I've never formatted my sheets before. Thanks!

Brassman388

It's a cool song.

A few things.

This is a difficult recording to work from, so I could be wrong about a few things.

But mainly, I heard the first section repeat 5 times before the tenors came in, which in turn, threw me off from the get go.

Second, there's a horn part in the last section that I would probably use to make the melody from which all the harmonic stuff moves from. I wouldn't try to hear the very tippy top part of the strings seeing as they're doubling the stuff that's going on in the middle. Catch that horn line, and we'll be in business.

Libera

Libera