NinSheetMusic Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Author Topic: [PS2] Final Fantasy X - "Battle Theme" by AwesomeYears  (Read 111 times)

Zeta

• NSM Bot
  • Nintendo Nocturne
    • View Profile
[PS2] Final Fantasy X - "Battle Theme" by AwesomeYears
« on: June 24, 2018, 01:47:23 PM »

Submission Information:

Series: Final Fantasy
Game: Final Fantasy X
Console: PlayStation 2
Title: Battle Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: AwesomeYears
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 07:13:19 AM by AwesomeYears »

AwesomeYears

• Flashman Funk
  • this might be what you gæt
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: [PS2] Final Fantasy X - "Battle Theme" by AwesomeYears
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 02:01:38 PM »

How the bloody hell has no-one arranged this yet? The only one I could find on the internet was in the wrong key!
Btw, I know they remade the song in the Final Fantasy X Remake, but I've used this version as the source material.

General thoughts and concerns:
  • Remove the Pno. in the MUS file please, I dreaded reinstalling Finale Notepad 2012 for this exact reason.
  • Also just realised that Finale annihilated the bar numbers when exporting from Musescore to Finale, thanks a bunch.
  • Bar 25 has what is essentially an Eb chord but written in D# because I thought it would look too funky in Eb with the C# line going on, though I wrote it in Eb at bar 39 when I dropped the Synth lines from the right hand. Should I change the bar 25 to Eb chord notes?
  • Bar 51 has a French Horn playing an octave lower from the trumpet's line it's imitating, but I wrote it in the same octave for wrist's sake. Thoughts?
  • In Bar 61 to 68, I made the left hand play full "1 3 5 8" chords, which I think isn't exactly existent in the song. I think it gives the piece more harmony, accuracy over activity?

AwesomeYears

• Flashman Funk
  • this might be what you gæt
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 07:23:12 AM »

Sorta bump and I've made a tiny edit to the first 4 bars of the left hand to make the ending notes shorter. That's all.

Oh yeah, and I've made these videos if you want to hear a mashup of the piano music and the OST.

BASS ONLY

TREBLE ONLY

It's a bit easier comparing the bass hand than the treble hand but still this makes it easier to compare the notes.  I've basically used Ableton to change the EQ Three of the OST to GainLow only for the bass only & GainMid + GainHi for the treble only. Have a listen and see if you agree with them notes.

Latios212

• NSM Overlord
  • Administrator
  • Nintendo Nocturne
  • Wheeeee™
    • View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 04:38:46 AM »

Sorry for a bit of a wait - plan on addressing the concerns and checking notes you mentioned above soon. We can also help iron it out in Finale.

Just popping in to say to fix the 3+3+2 rhythms in the 4/4 section - split the middle note to show where the beat lies. If you need me to elaborate on that, please to ask.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 23 queries.