News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

[SWITCH] Pokémon Quest - "Tumblecube Island" by Joel Hands-Otte

Started by Zeta, June 17, 2018, 06:20:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Quest
Console: Nintendo Switch
Title: Tumblecube Island
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Joel Hands-Otte

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yug_Guy

Nice! I've been playing Pokemon Quest as well, and I'm a big fan of its music so far. I gotta ask though, where did you get the title/composer information from? As far as I know, there hasn't been any official soundtrack release, and the Wikipedia page lists five different composers for this game. Also, and this might just be a personal preference, but I feel like you could definitely fit all the measures onto one page. Right now, it seems like the systems are spaced out way too much.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Yug_Guy on June 17, 2018, 11:24:59 AM

Also, and this might just be a personal preference, but I feel like you could definitely fit all the measures onto one page. Right now, it seems like the systems are spaced out way too much.

I feel the same way, Yug. This is how I'd do it... (page sizing must be decreased as well)

Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]

Also, this sheet may benefit from an 8vb, but that's just me guessing.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

fingerz

The sheet has now been reduced to one page and 8vb added where the bass drops down to an F below the stave. I tend to think that too many 8vb/8va can affect the visual ease of reading, particularly if there's not that many ledger lines or if octaves are used. (I was also told this years ago because I used it too much!) :)

Yug: Ah, yes, I'm quite aware of that, but my choice was "Stage Select" or "Tumblecube Island". Regardless of what it's actually called, I went with the less generic title. And I haven't a clue who wrote the piece, but seeing as those in the film industry just refer to the guy put at the top of the page, so did I. We can always fix when/if an official release comes out. :P
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Sebastian

Ah, yes. Nice work, my dude!

Couple suggestions:
- You could put a courtesy accidental on the Cnat (LH) in M. 7, 11, and others like it.
- The copyright info is mostly correct. Just make the capitalization like this: NinSheetMusic.org and put a "/" at the end of "org." (also keep the beginning url that you have before "ninsheetmusic."
- A courtesy accidental on the Bnat (LH) in M. 22.

That's all I see.

Latios212

Just browsing, do you think this would be better in D rather than keyless?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Latios212 on June 22, 2018, 07:32:49 AMJust browsing, do you think this would be better in D rather than keyless?
^ Gonna have to agree; I'm pretty sure this song is definitely in D major. (at least until m.17, which is in D minor. Whether or not you want to change the key for the last 6-8 measures is up to you)

Also, this game is coming to iOS & Android soon, so the category should be changed to [MUL]

Latios212

Psst, fingerz, if you're away, I can make changes for you on your subs

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Brassman388

Latios212

Quote from: Latios212 on July 18, 2018, 07:28:05 PMPsst, fingerz, if you're away, I can make changes for you on your subs
Updated the key signature and footer. Nothing else wrong as far as I can tell.

re: Sebastian's comments, C naturals are included with the key now and I left the courtesy B naturals out since I didn't feel they were totally necessary, but open to hear more about if if you feel so strongly.

Approved.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Sebastian.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot