[DELETED] [NES] Flying Warriors - "Practice in the Mountain" by Jacopo Tore

Started by Zeta, June 10, 2018, 07:26:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JacopoTore

Quote from: Brassman388 on August 20, 2018, 11:28:43 AMI'm pretty sure this is clear and concise.

Do you want me to write it like I'm google translate or something?
Yes thanks, probably other users use it

LeviR.star

Sono sicuro che le parole tradotte usando google sembrano divertenti, vero?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

JacopoTore

Quote from: LeviR.star on August 20, 2018, 02:57:42 PMSono sicuro che le parole tradotte usando google sembrano divertenti, vero?
Sono comprensibili :)

Brassman388

Quote from: LeviR.star on August 20, 2018, 02:57:42 PMSono sicuro che le parole tradotte usando google sembrano divertenti, vero?

Which is why I'm not going to use it. I'll leave the translating to someone who can.

JacopoTore

Quote from: Brassman388 on August 20, 2018, 04:06:43 PMWhich is why I'm not going to use it. I'll leave the translating to someone who can.
Ok
How about formatting?

Brassman388

I already told you everything that I thought needed fixing. Can't help you if it's a language thing.

Sorry, I wish I could be more help.

JacopoTore

Quote from: Brassman388 on August 21, 2018, 11:33:57 PMI already told you everything that I thought needed fixing. Can't help you if it's a language thing.

Sorry, I wish I could be more help.
Could you write with a simple words? I need only solution because I change the score without any emprovement so you need to be more specific to help me or you can leave the score in this form I Think is good. You are too slow with words
The formatting of margins is correct now?
Please reply with a simple Yes or tell me whats the right margins I need to put

Brassman388

Jesus Cristo. Fine.

Let's begin.

Fix page Margins: all sides, all pages 0.5625 inches. to 0.5 inches on all sides. Fix letters to fit in the page if you need to.

The entire page is not centered. Center it.

This is incorrect.

This is correct.

This is incorrect.

This is correct.

This is incorrect.

This is correct.

Fix the rest of the document to make it look correct. Then I will review it again with more instructions if need be.

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Brassman388 on August 23, 2018, 06:56:48 PM
Edit #1
This is incorrect.

This is correct.

[close]
Actually what Jacopo has written down is completely fine, and offers a different playing method that might be more comfortable. Plus, the original chords are up in that octave.

Edit #2
This is incorrect.

This is correct.

[close]
You can't tell me that your edit is easier to read rhythmically. Just because you have an opportunity to put a staccato quarter note, doesn't mean it's any more "correct", especially in this circumstance. Furthermore, you didn't even get every single opportunity for it, presumably because it'd be too difficult to read.
As a side note, the bass notes should probably be beamed regardless.

Edit #3
This is incorrect.

This is correct.

[close]
I will concede that this may be better. Jacopo has used an unconventional beaming practice here, though the value of it here is very questionable.

Honestly, claiming that these methods of notation are "incorrect" is very odd. In these situations, neither is inherently "correct" nor "incorrect", so don't belittle the different notation methods used by calling them such.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Brassman388

Quote from: JacopoTore on August 22, 2018, 02:12:42 AMCould you write with a simple words?

If this wasn't an issue, then I wouldn't need to feel inclined to defend every choice that I've made. I'm just trying to get him to make changes on his sheet.

You would understand that if you read through the thread and offered something useful instead of going into rant mode and misinterpreting everything that I've said in my last post.

WaluigiTime64

If that sounded like rant mode then you must be confusing me with someone who's emotionally attached to this haha.

I've read your post, but that doesn't at all eliminate the idea of claiming "correct" or "incorrect", because "strange", "odd", and "maybe" tend to translate just as easily.

Also, you made a point that it's up to him to decide what works and what doesn't.
Quote from: Brassman388 on August 19, 2018, 08:26:57 PMMeasure 9 - 12, while this is obviously played by two separate hands, maybe you could cross staff both figures? Another solution is to make the downbeat of each note a staccato'd quarter note establishing the pulse and differentiating the syncopation. Play around with it and see what works and what doesn't.
But that idea was lost in your most recent post, by claiming absolute on your suggestions. I understand that phrases like "make the downbeat of each note a staccato'd quarter note establishing the pulse and differentiating the syncopation.", etc. aren't easy for someone foreign to understand, but it doesn't mean you should dumb it down to the easiest thing possible to understand, losing some important bits.

Again, if it sounded like "rant mode" or whatever it's not quite that, no. In the end all I offer is a rephrasing, which is in fact, a language thing. "Try this" would probably have worked just fine imo.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Brassman388

Yeah, well, that's great and all.

Ultimately, it comes down to what he does. Language or not. Sensitive or not. I needed to make a point and I did.

So my job is done. Feel free to take over if you know better.

JacopoTore

About the messy sheets I was looking at your arrangements.
I understood that yours are advices that I refuse with much respect, but I thank you very much despite everything. I centered the page as you advised me finding sensible advice. I will wait to fix the "title" problem, and I hope someone can give me some advice about the beaming of the eighths.
Sebastian please help me

Brassman388

Yeeeeep, that's what I figured.

Someone else can take this one over. I'm over it.

JacopoTore

Quote from: Brassman388 on August 24, 2018, 10:37:59 AMYeeeeep, that's what I figured.

Someone else can take this one over. I'm over it.
What about margins?