News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

[DELETED] [SWITCH] Splatoon 2 - "Deluge Dirge" by Rwars

Started by Zeta, June 04, 2018, 06:22:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Splatoon 2
Console: Nintendo Switch
Title: Deluge Dirge
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Rwars

Rwars

This is still a bit rough, yeah. I'm not sure what pitches to make the timpani noises, so I have placeholders for now and hope to find a good way to write those pitches.

Olimar12345

This is rough indeed. First things first, remove ω-3 from the title. That's the name of the band, not the track. Secondly, neither of the composers you have listed wrote this track; it was Ryo Nagamatsu [source]. Next, the key should be D minor (one flat). Probably the biggest issue: the majority of the meter should be 7/4, not 7/8 (but with the same note values you have now).
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Rwars

Quote from: Olimar12345 on June 04, 2018, 04:54:25 PMThis is rough indeed. First things first, remove ω-3 from the title. That's the name of the band, not the track. Secondly, neither of the composers you have listed wrote this track; it was Ryo Nagamatsu [source]. Next, the key should be D minor (one flat). Probably the biggest issue: the majority of the meter should be 7/4, not 7/8 (but with the same note values you have now).
Yeah, I thought that this would be rough, considering that this is from a much more advanced piece than the other ones I've done. I didn't realize the composers were wrong, as I used Inkipedia, and assumed that was correct. ω-3 has been removed, and the key has been changed, I'll upload the fixed version in an hour or so. However, I would've thought that the piece was in 7/8 instead of 7/4, since Squid Beatz 2, which shows how long is a measure and a beat in a song, shows the piece mainly being in 7/8.

Edit: Updated version is uploaded, now has most of the fixes except for the 7/8 7/4 thing. I also made a couple changes, like shortening the last piece of the theme and giving it repeat bars instead and a couple note fixes.

nacho2420

Definitely a more difficult tune to arrange I see.

Timpani notes should be C#, A, consecutively, from what I hear

Meas. 3, check you have the right notes on beat 2; there aren't to A's but A, D

I recommend using a software to slow down the recording to really check that you have all the correct notes in your arrangement. I'm not totally sold that this is the best transcription, but it's still very fixable.

Best of luck!

Rwars

Quote from: nacho2420 on June 28, 2018, 08:12:28 PMTimpani notes should be C#, A, consecutively, from what I hear

Meas. 3, check you have the right notes on beat 2; there aren't to A's but A, D
Thank you, I've changed the pitches, however, I don't know what you mean by your second comment?
I've also tried experimenting with the pitches for the different drums between measures 10 and 16.

nacho2420

Rwars

Libera

I'd second Olimar's comment that this should be in 7/4 rather than 7/8.  If you look at the left hand in m.2 and m.3 it's just seven crotchets in a row (and that's a pretty good sign of the time signature).  If you write it in 7/8 it looks like the left hand is off the beat in m.3 when it isn't.  Also there's the fact that the right hand in those bars is a single phrase which is good indicator that it should be a single bar.  Having looked up what Squid Beatz 2 is I'd assume that for the purposes of the rhythm game they chose to subdivide into quavers to make it easier for the player to hit the notes at the right time.