NinSheetMusic Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thanks for all your hard work, Olimar!

Author Topic: [Wii] Rhythm Heaven Fever - "Hole in One" by WaluigiTime64  (Read 81 times)

Zeta

• NSM Bot
  • Nintendo Nocturne
    • View Profile
[Wii] Rhythm Heaven Fever - "Hole in One" by WaluigiTime64
« on: June 03, 2018, 11:10:15 AM »

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Rhythm Heaven Fever
Console: Nintendo Wii
Title: Hole in One
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: WaluigiTime64
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 10:03:08 AM by WaluigiTime64 »

WaluigiTime64

• Ordon Overture
  • Flavour text. Yay.
    • View Profile
Re: [Wii] Rhythm Heaven Fever - "Hole in One" by WaluigiTime64
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 11:10:53 AM »

Somewhat tricky, but not too hard to check.
My Arrangements
My Compositions
Quote from: WaluigiTime64
I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Latios212

• NSM Overlord
  • Administrator
  • Nintendo Nocturne
  • Wheeeeeâ„¢
    • View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 12:28:45 AM »

Ooh, interesting. Love this song. As usual, I never imagined this working out well for solo piano when I thought about arranging it but you've done a great job!

- Hypermeter is nice and all, but I don't think it warrants having these unsightly two-measure systems. Speaking of the intro, don't you think it's a bit misleading to leave out the first couple of bars, even if there's nothing pitched playing?
- The left hand of the first section (and when that comes back later) worries me a bit. Do you intend for the pedal to be held for four measures at a time? That would blur the melody to a bad effect. I would suggest not tying the whole notes for that long.
- How about filling in some of the silence by including some of those really neat jazzy chords when the right hand is doing nothing in the first section? :P Same with the last section, you could try including a bit more of the riffing/chording instead of having blocks of two measures with only bass in them.
- End the 8va at the barline in 68, instead of arbitrarily before it.
- I think it's really cool what you did with the left hand beginning at 37. I like it.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]

WaluigiTime64

• Ordon Overture
  • Flavour text. Yay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 10:12:48 AM »

Ooh, interesting. Love this song. As usual, I never imagined this working out well for solo piano when I thought about arranging it but you've done a great job!
Thanks! I'll be honest, I didn't see this working out for a long time either, until I sat down and thought about it.

- Hypermeter is nice and all, but I don't think it warrants having these unsightly two-measure systems. Speaking of the intro, don't you think it's a bit misleading to leave out the first couple of bars, even if there's nothing pitched playing?
Fixed the second two-measure system, but not yet the first. It'd be fixed if I knew a good way to fill in the empty measures at the start. I can see where you're coming from with the "misleading" element. Would really appreciate a suggestion!

- The left hand of the first section (and when that comes back later) worries me a bit. Do you intend for the pedal to be held for four measures at a time? That would blur the melody to a bad effect. I would suggest not tying the whole notes for that long.
I made the chords half as long, which is a bit more reasonable I think. Very good point.

- How about filling in some of the silence by including some of those really neat jazzy chords when the right hand is doing nothing in the first section? :P Same with the last section, you could try including a bit more of the riffing/chording instead of having blocks of two measures with only bass in them.
This takes me back to how I originally tried the first section. I originally was just going to use the piano part for the LH, but then I got really lazy trying to figure out the chords, and the tonality was screwed anyway, so that's how I ended up with what I have now. I've put the chords back in though, now in the RH.

- End the 8va at the barline in 68, instead of arbitrarily before it.
Fixed.

- I think it's really cool what you did with the left hand beginning at 37. I like it.
Thanks! Definitely the hardest part of this piece (in terms of arranging and performing).
My Arrangements
My Compositions
Quote from: WaluigiTime64
I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 23 queries.