[Wii] Wii Channels - "Wii Shop Channel" by LeviR.star

Started by Zeta, June 02, 2018, 08:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

Last chord in m. 18 is also a Bm7 and needs F# instead of Gb. (Though that looks a bit weird coming in from a Gb...)
I'd also recommend removing the courtesy sharps in 19.

I see what you're going for with the layers in 21-29 when trying to differentiate the two voices, but I think the two layers just look silly because you have staccatos and beams flipped the wrong way when there's nothing preventing them from being in the normal direction. I would suggest writing it in one layer and simply breaking the beams where you want to draw a distinction between the two RH parts.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

I recommended those voices be split up between layers. Personally, I find it less confusing to have them split up so the melody is clearly shown. When I first listened to the sheet, I was a little confused as to where the melody was/what or wasn't the melody. Another option would be to have them all in layer 1 and then unbeam the different voice?

Latios212

I dislike how it is currently because the melody is forced to beam upwards, as well as have staccatos awkwardly on top of the beams, even though there's nothing blocking it from pointing downwards.

Quote from: Sebastian on June 11, 2018, 06:20:50 PMAnother option would be to have them all in layer 1 and then unbeam the different voice?
Yeah, that's what I suggested.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

Quote from: Latios212 on June 11, 2018, 06:23:22 PMYeah, that's what I suggested.
Ohhh pffffffffffffffffttttttttttttttt. I didn't even bother reading the rest of your post before posting. xDDD
Sorry!

Bloop

Quote from: Latios212 on June 11, 2018, 06:10:29 PMLast chord in m. 18 is also a Bm7 and needs F# instead of Gb. (Though that looks a bit weird coming in from a Gb...)
That's why I suggested adding a courtesy accidental on that note.

As for a more detailed explanation of my Gb's: basically what's happening harmonically in m. 17-19 is A9 - Ab9 - Gmaj9. The notes of these chords are a - c# - e - g - b, ab - c - eb - gb - bb, g - b - d - f# - a
That's why I suggested changing the f#'s to gb's and adding a courtesy sharp on the last f#, so that chord won't be misread as G9 (with an f instead of an f#)

LeviR.star

There, after a playback complication, I fixed it (I think...?)
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Bloop

Almost! This is what I meant in m. 16-18:

And one last thing: you could change the time signature from 4/4 to cut time (). The song is a bossa nova, which is one of the most famous music styles in alla breve feel.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Bloop on June 25, 2018, 12:50:19 PMAlmost! This is what I meant in m. 16-18:

Got it.

Quote from: Bloop on June 25, 2018, 12:50:19 PMAnd one last thing: you could change the time signature from 4/4 to cut time (). The song is a bossa nova, which is one of the most famous music styles in alla breve feel.

It changed the beaming a little bit when I switched it; is it still right?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Quote from: LeviR.star on June 25, 2018, 03:06:12 PMIt changed the beaming a little bit when I switched it; is it still right?
I'd recommend disconnecting the groups of four 16th notes from the eighth note that follows them in m. 2 and 36.

Would also recommend a courtesy natural on the left hand A at the beginning of measure 15.

Quote from: Bloop on June 10, 2018, 02:26:55 PMm. 28, L.H.: I think it makes more sense to write an Eb here instead of a D#
I'm a bit skeptical here since although it makes sense looking at the contour of the left hand, it seems a bit odd to have an Eb under the F#-A-C# up top.

Also, to better articulate the second "background" part at the beginning of page 2, what would you think about slurring each pair of chords together? From 22-23, 24-25, 26-27, and 28-29.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Sebastian

Looks good to me. I don't have any further thoughts. Anyone else?

Latios212

Nothing here. Good work guys, super glad to have add this sheet to our collection!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot