TWG CVI Postgame

Started by mikey, May 29, 2018, 12:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

WOLVES WIN

BlackDragonSlayer-
QuoteYou are the 1-shot Mafia Janitor.  Once per game, you can "clean up a kill", preventing any of that player's information from being revealed on cardflip.  Your partner is PlayerName the Mafia Night Watchman.  Additionally, three times per game you may name a player and their role/what their role does.  If you do so correctly, they die immediately  and not at the end of the phase.
You were immediately under suspicion by FireArrow and Greg.  Of course, there was no way for you to know they were masons, but they had agreed upon you for a lynch the night prior!  Also, you only died because brainy was still voting for you (which is probably a good thing, because THC had declared intent to vote you- in a perfect world, it would have been a kitb).  He was playing around effects he didn't know were in the game, and it's possible you two could have chosen to kill davy, for example.
[close]

BrainyLucario-
QuoteYou are the Mafia Night Watchman.  Once each night, you may target a player and learn the name of every player who visited them.  Your partner is PlayerName, the 1-shot Mafia Janitor.  Additionally, you have been given an EMP item that allows you to prevent all night actions for a phase, returning negative results for all investigative powers.
I was disappointed you didn't use the EMP, as I started the game specifically on a night phase to allow for the use of the EMP.  Knocking out all powers is quite the effect.  Anyway, you had a plan to win the game and stuck to it despite the fact that just making the obvious wolf play would likely have won you the game!  It wasn't bad to think the game had a one-shot vigi or a revive, but the game started on the night phase because of the EMP and not because of a revive/vigi effect.  Either way, you did a good job of making sure people wouldn't lynch you immediately after BDS and secured a victory.  You probably get MVP.
[close]

FireArrow-
QuoteYou are Mason, the Wealthy Twin Child.  You're twins with Madison, the Wealthy Twin Child and share a private chat with her.
Well played game.  I enjoy your scumhunting tactics and you were OH SO CLOSE!!  If only you had trusted in the flashlight and decided davy couldn't have made the kill...  That would leave process of elimination to brainy- which really doesn't make sense, because he helped kill BDS, but again you could have considered that the nightkill would not go through, leaving the wolves outed in lylo.
[close]

Greg-
QuoteYou are Madison, the Wealthy Twin Child.  You're twins with Mason, the Wealthy Twin Child and share a private chat with him.
If I recall correctly, you're the one who came up with the "T" strategy, which was fun to watch, especially when you messed up.  You ended up being the nightkill, which really hurt PoE, since if THC had been you, for example, Brainy likely would have been the one killed.
[close]

Mastersuperfan-
QuoteYou are the Doctor.  Once each night, you can save target a player to save them from death.
You died preeetty early.  Good job on being widely town read though.  I honestly enjoy reading how your posts flow, since you've got lots of experience from playing ToS.  Maybe we can play another game together in the future instead of me hosting!  You're just a really smart player, kind of similar to BDS in my mind.  Also, your doctor targets weren't correct :P
[close]

ThatHiddenCharacter-
QuoteYou are the Engineer.  Once each night, you may manufacture a Flashlight to give to a player of your choice.  A Flashlight shines on a player in the dark, illuminating their actions that night.
You manufactured flashlights like a madman.  Despite what people say, you played another solid game and you're proving that you're no longer a newbie.  If I have one suggestion, you tend to go on a tangent/talk about things unrelated to the game.  There's always plenty of stuff to talk about.  Look at what people are saying and find it instead of saying "I had steak for dinner" just to reach post count!  But good job on reaching post count, especially at the end there.
[close]

Trasdegi-
QuoteYou are the Salesperson.  Your experience in sales and natural charisma means your vote counts for 2 instead of 1.  You must PM the host letting them know whether you want this ability on or off.  You may do this at any time.
I like how I change phase time so that the euros can be there for end of day and then 2/3 of them die immediately.  It still worked better for me than midnight, so it's all good.  You got mislynched over THC for no reason, since you were charismatic and could even have had someone else besides the two of you die.  I'm guessing you just didn't wake up early enough to check.  Sorry 'bout that!
[close]

Davy-
QuoteYou are the Commuter.  You have become so ordinary that twice per game, during night phases, you may choose to blend into the background, becoming completely untargetable by night actions.
You somehow were convinced that BDS was a human, despite... him not being human.  Rather than acknowledging that BDS had to have been a wolf (and I expected you to recognize the Janitor power since  you're more familiar with roles than most people) you considered the unlikely possibility that there are no wolves and tried to lynch the host!  Occam's razor bro. (though I can see how you arrived at the conclusion :P )  I did like that you brought up the no-lynch option, since it swung parity back in humans' favor.  And it may have attracted the wolves to try and kill you, but using your commuter power, you could have upset parity back lol.  I don't think you should have been lynched at the end though (you kind of town-telled with your "mikey is the wolf" comment).
[close]

Toby-
QuoteYou are the Messenger.  Why are you even here?  You were just supposed to send that invoice to Rhonda in HR.  Once each night, you can send a single Private Message to the host, who will forward it to the player of your choice.  The Private Message must fit criteria before it can be sent.
I said this privately, but I'm so glad you got the Messenger role.  Nobody else would have used it for nearly as powerful of stuff.  If you hadn't been dying that night, I wouldn't have allowed you to be able to reveal yourself via codewords, but everything else was fair game and quite a powerful use of a single PM mechanic.  I'll consider it in the future for an option in no OOTC games.  You played really well despite only playing for 24 hours.  Good job!
[close]
unmotivated

FireArrow

how did i call davys ability but he was human?
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Greg

wtf even happened in that last phase

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Greg on May 29, 2018, 01:01:23 PMwtf even happened in that last phase
It was a rollercoaster of emotions.

Also blocking my cardflip was da bes part of the game. Brainy deciding to not win the game right then and there, however, was not.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BrainyLucario

Correction, it was the best part of the game
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

ThatHiddenCharacter

A-ha! It was Brany the whole time! My brethren, it appears we have been duped. I reccomend wearing the cone of shame.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Toby

BrainyLucario

Quote from: mastersuperfan on May 29, 2018, 02:25:55 PMSee I told you all
Let this be a lesson, expect the unexpected!

BrainyLucario

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on May 29, 2018, 02:14:32 PMA-ha! It was Brany the whole time! My brethren, it appears we have been duped. I reccomend wearing the cone of shame.
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

brany is win

also bdsm is win

yey
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FireArrow

Why didnt you vote me last phase?
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

BrainyLucario

Mostly because Davy might have become suspicious

Toby

well there was always the risk of the night kill being blocked or something. being unaware of the other roles in the game makes wolf rushing a little more difficult.

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Toby on May 29, 2018, 04:42:02 PMwell there was always the risk of the night kill being blocked or something. being unaware of the other roles in the game makes wolf rushing a little more difficult.
This too, I wasn't sure what you guys could do at night