News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

TWG CVI: It's Been a Long Time Coming [Game Thread]

Started by mikey, May 20, 2018, 08:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davy

Quote from: FireArrow on May 22, 2018, 06:52:57 PMThe mininum amount of things going to to require a suspicion list has always been enough information to actually put people into a list. Also, what I did is exactly what I think you should be doing as a human, put your effort into talking about people you actually have substance on. Describing multiple people under one sentence isn't too useful.

Well, I guess we disagree on how humans should play. I don't really have anything to add to this.

Quote from: FireArrow on May 22, 2018, 06:52:57 PMBased on what I know from both my power and Toby's power, I can make a pretty good educated guess that Noc did not balance this game around power stealing. I mentioned that BDS (and I guess by extension you?) could have powers useful to wolves and could therefore assume power stealing as an option, but the possibility that BDS didn't know what kind of powers humans had is also a possibility.

Okay, sure. I still find it somewhat wierd to base your suspicion off of that.

I'd be down for a THC or Brainy lynch. On the one hand, this is just their playstyle both as humans and as wolves, so they might as well be humans, but on the other hand, if they are wolves, I don't want them to get away with this kind of playstyle. In my previous list I also had Greg under slight suspicion, but he has been playing better since then.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Trasdegi

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on May 23, 2018, 03:59:39 AMif by "everyone" you mean me and maybe fa, then sure

Thing is, now the wolves know than you and FA don't have a power that is useful to them, so if there's power stealing, that's a great step toward stealing better powers, if they have a list of powers to match with people, that's a good start, too, and even if they don't have that list, that's still a start. So I would advise against any talking about roles, even small things like useful for wolves or not.

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: davy on May 22, 2018, 10:25:21 AMNeutral leans:
BDS
THC
Quote from: davy on May 23, 2018, 11:16:03 AMI'd be down for a THC or Brainy lynch.

Um... you're not following your own suspicion list. According to you, Brainy was a better lynch option, but then you voted for me, someone you had in your neutral list. And with just the reasoning of "They always play this way", your choice is seeming a bit weak.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

BrainyLucario

THC makes a good point. Also, you call this my normal play style? Since when have I ever been worried about being kicked from the game? This is the first time I'be ever played with a post criteria. You're pushing for easy lynches with the reasoning that they're just going to get in the way. Not only is that the wrong way to go about lynching, it's also really weak reasoning.
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: davy on May 23, 2018, 11:16:03 AMI'd be down for a THC or Brainy lynch. On the one hand, this is just their playstyle both as humans and as wolves, so they might as well be humans, but on the other hand, if they are wolves, I don't want them to get away with this kind of playstyle. In my previous list I also had Greg under slight suspicion, but he has been playing better since then.
Maybe I'm just riled up from my debate vs. FireArrow, but my top three suspicions in order are FireArrow, Brainy, and THC. I guess Brainy's abnormal fixation with being kicked from the game (notice nobody else expressed the same sort of sentiment) could just be Brainy not bothering to read beyond picking up that there is a post requirement (and that there are consequences for not meeting the requirement), but to me it seems like there might be something more behind that (I could think of another reason why Brainy might be worried about that but am not sure if I should share it for fear of giving out too much information). THC in general has been unhelpful, wanting to look active for the sake of activity, and in his first post pretty much just stated the obvious and echoed my own ideas about Brainy.

Quote from: Trasdegi on May 23, 2018, 11:47:36 AMThing is, now the wolves know than you and FA don't have a power that is useful to them, so if there's power stealing, that's a great step toward stealing better powers, if they have a list of powers to match with people, that's a good start, too, and even if they don't have that list, that's still a start. So I would advise against any talking about roles, even small things like useful for wolves or not.
I mean, I've been intentionally vague for that reason.

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on May 23, 2018, 03:38:03 PMUm... you're not following your own suspicion list. According to you, Brainy was a better lynch option, but then you voted for me, someone you had in your neutral list. And with just the reasoning of "They always play this way", your choice is seeming a bit weak.
Suspicions are liable to change. To echo FireArrow (heh), are you nervous about Davy's vote on you?
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mastersuperfan

There's a huge sudden thunderstorm going on right now and I'm afraid I'm going to lose power before I finish typing up the post I'm about to make so... I'm just going to get this in first in case I don't finish this next post in time.

Brainy

Details to follow (possibly).
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

FireArrow

BDS is my strongest lean as of right now. I see davy as his most likely partner atm. Although I'd normally cross them off as partners for buddying up so early, BDS has shown strong distaste for day one distancing strategies and he's the only one who really "buddied" up. Davy defended him in a much more uninvolved way (quoting my entire post, whereas BDS only quated the portion attacking him and davy.)

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on May 22, 2018, 10:37:38 PMYou're apparently not.

Yes, a wolf would know what power the wolves have to stop claiming. That doesn't mean a wolf wouldn't try and spit-ball ideas to look human, and the ideas you spitballed appear as if you're ignorant of what human powers look like this game.

This wasn't originally a strong suspicion, becuase it was equally likely that you were just a human with a power not like the patern I've seen. But your defense does not lead me to believe that is the case as you tried to argue that my original point was flat out wrong. You also never mentioned human powers once in your argument about power stealing.

QuoteI called you out as looking for a lynch.Looking back at everything I said, I never called you out for "pushing a lynch." To be honest, I think you trying to put words in my mouth in an attempt to look worse proves my point that you're trying to exaggerate behavior that might seem slightly "off."

Exact wording is irrelevant. At the time, they were suspicions, nothing more. "Looking for a lynch on a low-hanging fruit" sounds like a preemtive defense against something that hadn't happened yet. Also, the only person that was low-hanging at the time of my post was Brainy, which was the one part you didn't respond to, which leads to...

QuoteOnly thing that matters is content in the context of this game, not the player who made it. Davy did something you could potentially play up as suspicious to try and spook other people into bandwagoning onto him, hence my point about you trying to look for a lynch.

Now you're just making stuff up. If I wanted to bandwagon a low hanging fruit, I'd go for THC, Brainy, or Tras. Do you really find what I did as more oppurtunistic than davy's vote on on THC?

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on May 23, 2018, 05:14:43 PMMaybe I'm just riled up from my debate vs. FireArrow, but my top three suspicions in order are FireArrow, Brainy, and THC.

Oddly enough, I human read this because you always OMGUS as a human, but I'm human reading most other players atm so it's not enough to sway me.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FireArrow on May 23, 2018, 05:30:20 PMBDS has shown strong distaste for day one distancing strategies and he's the only one who really "buddied" up.
u do realize that was literally only one game under very specific circumstances

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FireArrow on May 23, 2018, 05:30:20 PMYes, a wolf would know what power the wolves have to stop claiming. That doesn't mean a wolf wouldn't try and spit-ball ideas to look human, and the ideas you spitballed appear as if you're ignorant of what human powers look like this game.
Yeah, I completely disagree with that.

QuoteExact wording is irrelevant. At the time, they were suspicions, nothing more. "Looking for a lynch on a low-hanging fruit" sounds like a preemtive defense against something that hadn't happened yet. Also, the only person that was low-hanging at the time of my post was Brainy, which was the one part you
Yes, it is relevant: you're changing the meaning of what I said to make my point appear worse. That's not a human thing to do.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FireArrow

Quote from: Trasdegi on May 23, 2018, 11:47:36 AMThing is, now the wolves know than you and FA don't have a power that is useful to them, so if there's power stealing, that's a great step toward stealing better powers, if they have a list of powers to match with people, that's a good start, too, and even if they don't have that list, that's still a start. So I would advise against any talking about roles, even small things like useful for wolves or not.

Why do you assume both me and BDS are human?

Quote from: mastersuperfan on May 23, 2018, 05:20:31 PMThere's a huge sudden thunderstorm going on right now and I'm afraid I'm going to lose power before I finish typing up the post I'm about to make so... I'm just going to get this in first in case I don't finish this next post in time.

Brainy

Details to follow (possibly).

This doesn't match how you acted as wolf in the 100th so I like this.
Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on May 23, 2018, 03:38:03 PMUm... you're not following your own suspicion list. According to you, Brainy was a better lynch option, but then you voted for me, someone you had in your neutral list. And with just the reasoning of "They always play this way", your choice is seeming a bit weak.

Very good point and a very human reaction to being voted by one of the more respected players here right off the bat.

Quote from: BrainyLucario on May 23, 2018, 04:52:28 PMTHC makes a good point. Also, you call this my normal play style? Since when have I ever been worried about being kicked from the game? This is the first time I'be ever played with a post criteria. You're pushing for easy lynches with the reasoning that they're just going to get in the way. Not only is that the wrong way to go about lynching, it's also really weak reasoning.

Human read. You seem slightly nervous like normal brainy would be, but not nervous enough to be a wolf.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on May 23, 2018, 05:35:30 PMu do realize that was literally only one game under very specific circumstances

Then please link me to a game where you showed the opposite behavior, becuase I sure as hell am not going to look through enough games to get a proper sample size.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FireArrow on May 23, 2018, 05:38:50 PMThen please link me to a game where you showed the opposite behavior, becuase I sure as hell am not going to look through enough games to get a proper sample size.
i mean

evidently you think one game is proper sample size

so i don't know what else to tell you

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FireArrow

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on May 23, 2018, 05:37:45 PMYeah, I completely disagree with that.

Agree to disagree, we'll see what others think.

QuoteYes, it is relevant: you're changing the meaning of what I said to make my point appear worse. That's not a human thing to do.

Please tell me what you really mean then, because I interpret this:

QuoteWell, for one, it doesn't make much sense, and for another, it looks like you're just trying to pick up what little scraps you can and turn a mountain into a molehill, like I said. It doesn't appear that you're looking for wolves, rather, just looking for someone to lynch, and I think you know what that's not a good attitude to have.
QuoteNot to mention, I've already stated my opinion about why I don't like why you're going about things the way you're doing (looking for low-hanging fruit), so I don't know what else you expect me to say.
Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on May 22, 2018, 10:37:38 PMDavy did something you could potentially play up as suspicious to try and spook other people into bandwagoning onto him, hence my point about you trying to look for a lynch.

as "You're looking for a low-hanging fruit to lynch."

BlackDragonSlayer

"Looking for a lynch" is different than "pushing for a lynch." One means you're scouting the best options out before you make a move, and the other means you're making a move.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

ThatHiddenCharacter

I'm gonna be honest, this whole situation is pretty familiar (as in last game), so I'm a bit reluctant to vote for FA or BDS, though FA strikes me as human right now because he seems to be making more sense in his explanations and less... I guess you could say defensive. I don't feel like that's the word I'm looking for. I don't know if I'm gonna be on again before phase change, so I'm gonna place a vote on davy because of his poor explanation for his slightly hypocritical vote (and yes, I know people's views change, but I only had like one post since his suspicion post and it was explaining why I made my first post). I only vote for davy because he seems most likely to be a wolf to me right now.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

mastersuperfan

Points against Brainy:

Quote from: BrainyLucario on May 21, 2018, 07:07:47 AMHey everyone. I'm here and ready to die first again
Quote from: BrainyLucario on May 21, 2018, 08:13:08 AMOh. So I actually have a chance of playing this time.

First of all, this. He keeps acting like he's going to be lynched first thing—which as a wolf could be a (admittedly weak, but this is Brainy we're talking about) attempt to avoid being "mistakenly" lynched by humans first day because of his poor playing. Maybe this falls under Brainy's general playstyle, but this doesn't seem like a thing he'd do game after game and quite frankly I just see zero reason for any decent human to say this. You're supposed to be helping the team, not complaining about how everyone on your own team will turn against you.

Quote from: BrainyLucario on May 21, 2018, 09:10:39 PMIf anyone's interested I graduated high school today. Woohoo. Do I still have to make two more posts to stay in the game?

Not only are you complaining about the post count, but you make it sound like you don't plan to contribute anything at all in any more posts you make—just because you don't want to. A human would want to, naturally? If you really are human then don't just be like "I don't feel like participating, do I really have to play?" You literally contributed nothing up to there and yet you still question the fact that you're expected to contribute more to keep playing? Are you serious?

Quote from: BrainyLucario on May 22, 2018, 07:26:17 PMWhen I posted this, I was mostly doing so to try and give an excuse to me being inactive so that Noc wouldn't cut me from the game.

I vaguely remember someone in the 100th saying that E. Gadd seemed human even though he wasn't particularly inactive just because he was always saying that he'd keep checking in even though he was busy. Here, you're not even like "I'll try my best to participate." You're just like "I don't really want to play this game but I just needed some way not to lose the game." You invest none of the effort that a serious human player actually would—and to me that gives off the red flag of a wolf who's trying to slide under the radar under the premise that they're simply just too busy to play.

The fact of the matter is is that you yourself called your post about graduation an excuse—a rather negatively connoted word that suggests that it's not the truth, but instead something that you said in order to get yourself out of a tough spot of appearing wolfy by being off topic. I don't see any reason why a human player would feel the need to justify their own previous post in such a manner—especially when your post got called out for not being contributory you do nothing but defend it and ask for examples from a previous game and not actually GET YOURSELF on topic with the game like you've just been warned to do. To me this is all signs of a wolf trying to distract the focus away from the focus of the conversation at hand.

Quote from: BrainyLucario on May 23, 2018, 04:52:28 PMAlso, you call this my normal play style? Since when have I ever been worried about being kicked from the game? This is the first time I'be ever played with a post criteria.

Since when should you be worried about being kicked from the game if you're a legitimate human player who can just PLAY THE GAME LIKE IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE PLAYED? Yes it's the first time there's a post count but it's not the first time you're expect to, like, make posts??? For an invested human player five posts should really be nothing major... this to me looks like someone who just wishes they could draw less attention to themselves than they're explicitly obligated to do now—since, after all, in previous games, players like FA and BDS draw quite a bit of attention to themselves while inactives can rather easily slide under the lynch radar.

Quote from: BrainyLucario on May 23, 2018, 04:52:28 PMYou're pushing for easy lynches with the reasoning that they're just going to get in the way. Not only is that the wrong way to go about lynching, it's also really weak reasoning.

I don't particularly disagree with FA when he says that this gives off a human read (potentially). But it does absolutely nothing to change the fact that you reek of suspicion.

I imagine I'm coming off as overly aggressively critical towards Brainy, but to be perfectly honest his poor playing so far has so thoroughly pissed me off that I really don't have an easy time imagining him as human. If you have anything LEGITIMATE or HELPFUL to CONTRIBUTE in order to support the argument that you're human then by all means feel free to—but you've been given a night and half a day phase to do it and the only thing you've really done is freak out about being lynched/cut. This just looks to me like a frantic wolf who doesn't know how to play like a human and hopes to make themselves seem legitimately worried about the rules of the game so they don't lose the game for the wolf team.

*deep exhale*

Okay that went on a lot longer than I expected it to. You might call Brainy low-hanging fruit but another part of the reason why I'm voting for him is that I'm getting at least some human-y vibes from everyone else, so it'd be hard for me to pick another lynch target at the moment. I'll split it up here and write another post about the vibes I'm getting from everyone else (which thankfully are much more positive than Brainy's)—but this took a while and I'm tired and I have work to do tonight (and the power might still go out) so frankly I'm not sure I'll even bother finishing it tonight or not @_@
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.