News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

TWG CVI: It's Been a Long Time Coming [Game Thread]

Started by mikey, May 20, 2018, 08:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Toby on May 21, 2018, 07:09:00 AMAre you aware it's a night start and not day start this time ?
Oh. So I actually have a chance of playing this time.
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Toby

Quote from: BrainyLucario on May 21, 2018, 08:13:08 AMOh. So I actually have a chance of playing this time.

so you assume you won't be night killed?

Trasdegi

Quote from: Toby on May 21, 2018, 07:46:17 AMwhat you mean

I think he means "if the wolves know the role list, if there are no cardflips, if whem the wolves link people to a role they die, and if someone claims before being lynched, then it's easier for the wolves to link roles (1 role less to link) and therefore the humans shouldn't claim before being lynched". I agree with this logic.

Regarding the wolves powers, either they have this "guess their role and they die) ability and nothing else, or something less powerful but other things (seer? Brutal?), else the game wouldn't be balanced.

Also, general mystery game question: is there only mystery roles or can there be mystery rules (not necessarily linked to a player), too?

mikey

There are cardflips.

I try to keep all general game rules available to the public, but some things may escape my notice.
unmotivated

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Trasdegi on May 21, 2018, 08:57:41 AMI think he means "if the wolves know the role list, if there are no cardflips, if whem the wolves link people to a role they die, and if someone claims before being lynched, then it's easier for the wolves to link roles (1 role less to link) and therefore the humans shouldn't claim before being lynched". I agree with this logic.

Basically this.

Except now that we know there are cardflips I'm a bit confused... I think this means that the wolves don't have a list of all the roles and are trying to match each person to their role; otherwise it'd be way too easy once the pool of players gets smaller. Either that or... maybe the wolves just have a list of potential roles that people could be (not necessarily in the game) and/or duplicate roles are possible?

I think it would still be better not to claim before getting lynched, since the wolves might still have this instakill power of knowing a human's role even if they don't have a set list of all the human roles to match with players. Not only that, but if we started claiming before getting lynched, it might lead to the lynch focus constantly switching from player to player as each one claims to defend themselves—essentially massclaiming, which is what the rules post specifically says this game is designed to punish. The wolves could probably fake special roles easily enough, so it really wouldn't help us narrow it down much anyways...
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Trasdegi

I think people should claim before dying, not to defend themselves but to let us know that this particular role was in the game, and that we shouldn't count it as a possible role for someone. That can also help us to have better reads on people that interacted with the one who claimed and died. Another possibility is the (eventual) seer giving his results before dying, or things like that. Anyways, if anyone claims, it should be just a couple of seconds before phase end, to not let the wolves the time to insta-kill (if it works like this.)

Toby

trasdegi is being suspiciously active this time

Toby

Quote from: Trasdegi on May 21, 2018, 11:05:35 AMI think people should claim before dying, not to defend themselves but to let us know that this particular role was in the game, and that we shouldn't count it as a possible role for someone. That can also help us to have better reads on people that interacted with the one who claimed and died. Another possibility is the (eventual) seer giving his results before dying, or things like that. Anyways, if anyone claims, it should be just a couple of seconds before phase end, to not let the wolves the time to insta-kill (if it works like this.)

Cardflips are on so your point doesn't make much sense. They don't need to let us know the role is in the game if the cardflip will do that for us, especially if it means claiming before death could have consequences

Trasdegi

Quote from: Toby on May 21, 2018, 11:16:09 AMtrasdegi is being suspiciously active this time

I suspiciously didn't have a full US night of posts to catch up on yet.

Quote from: Toby on May 21, 2018, 11:17:46 AMCardflips are on so your point doesn't make much sense. They don't need to let us know the role is in the game if the cardflip will do that for us, especially if it means claiming before death could have consequences

Uh... whoops. So, I guess, only claim if you've got REALLY (As in, game-winning) important information to share, and take all safeties needed.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Toby on May 21, 2018, 06:13:07 AMOkay notes say that massclaiming is severely punished so I assume there's a wolf role that if a wolf can match a name to a role then the player dies, it probably has infinite uses too.

It's possible that the wolves know the setup of this game then.
In a more "vanilla" game, I'd say sniping is much more likely. Then again that might just be because I've been in more games where sniping is a thing.

In a much more abstract game, I'd say power stealing. :P

Second point is also very likely as well.

Quote from: Toby on May 21, 2018, 11:16:09 AMtrasdegi is being suspiciously active this time
embrace it don't fight it
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

i hope lack of posting doesnt mean a lack of human night actions

Greg

There's always the chance it's a lack of wolf night actions ;)

Toby

With 2 wolves I doubt they both forget their wolfing, but if they have extra night actions too then I guess lool

BlackDragonSlayer

I don't have anything game-relevant to add yet, but I do have to say:

TOBY YOU LIL SNEAK U DIDN TELL ME YOU WERE PLAYING ON FFR
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber