News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

TWG CVI: It's Been a Long Time Coming [Game Thread]

Started by mikey, May 20, 2018, 08:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

TWG CVI: It's Been a Long Time Coming
A Mystery Game

Nine people are trapped in an elevator... wait, I feel like I've heard this before.  Anyway, the elevator is stuck between floors and for some reason two of those nine people want to kill EVERYONE!  Fortunately for the innocents in the elevator, each one of them has a super-secret power that they're hiding from the rest.  With proper use of these powers, you may be able to discover who sabotaged the elevator and bring them to justice!

Notes:
There is no limit to the type of powers a player can have.
There will be no outside communication.  After all, you're in an elevator.  If you've got something to say, everyone can hear it.
There will be no third party roles.
The setup is designed in a way to severely punish massclaiming.  Be careful about claiming any roles, as it may end badly for you.  This also extends to claiming powers.
A minimum post count of 5 posts per cycle will be enacted this game.  Failure to do so will result in a warning
Wolves have access to a pregame chat and nightchat but cannot communicate during the day.
Humans are allowed a single no lynch, that must be voted on by majority.
There are cardflips.

Players
1. Olimar12345
2. BlackDragonSlayer
3. ThatHiddenCharacter
4. Greg
5. BrainyLucario
6. Trasdegi
7. Toby
8. Mastersuperfan
9. davy

Substitutes
1. FireArrow

Prologue
Everyone stepped inside the elevator.  Someone pushed the button for the 20th floor.
"Oof, looks like we're going a long way up."
"Haha, this might take a while."
The elevator slowly made its way, the floor counter above the door pinging with each increase.
Someone asked, "Is it supposed to be making that grinding sound?"
"What grinding sound?"  Replied another.

Suddenly, with a loud SNAP, the elevator became weightless.  The emergency brake kicked in and red lights flashed to life.
A voice appeared.  "Everyone, stay calm.  We'll get you out of there in a jiffy."
[close]

Role PMs are being sent out.  It is now Twilight.  Twilight ends at 12:00 CST, and that could probably get confusing, so I might switch to MST for future updates.  DO NOT POST DURING THIS TIME.

DO NOT POST
unmotivated

mikey

Role PMs have been sent out, please confirm via PM or Discord that you have received your role PM.

Additionally, Night 1 begins in 1 hour and 45 minutes, and you may begin posting at that time.  Night 1 will end 24 hours from then, at 11 PM MST/5 AM GMT.
unmotivated

mikey

Olimar12345 has been issued a warning.
I'm not playin
unmotivated

mikey

Olimar12345 has been replaced by FireArrow effective immediately
unmotivated

mikey

unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

Olimar12345

Oh misread the game and asked to not play. As you were.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Toby

Okay notes say that massclaiming is severely punished so I assume there's a wolf role that if a wolf can match a name to a role then the player dies, it probably has infinite uses too.

It's possible that the wolves know the setup of this game then.

BrainyLucario

Hey everyone. I'm here and ready to die first again
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Toby

Are you aware it's a night start and not day start this time ?

mastersuperfan

The rules say that all the innocents have a super secret power but says nothing about what the wolves can do. I was thinking along the same lines of Toby, though—there's probably some advantage to them in figuring out which human is what role. I figure that the wolves probably wouldn't have any other active "super secret powers" similar to those of the humans, though (i.e. probably no wolf seer, wolf roleblocker, brutal wolf).

Also I just noticed the part in the rules where it says we can vote once for a no lynch. Do we ever reach a point where that's the best option?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Toby

No lynch can be an option if it doesn't necessarily give the wolves an advantage overall. But seeing as this is a mystery game and we don't know what advantage the wolves have on us, it would probably be best to never use it.

mastersuperfan

@mikey Wait are there cardflips? I don't see anything about it in the OP (though if Toby is right about the wolves' power I would assume there are no cardflips or else it makes matching the roles significantly easier)

Another thought: If a human is about to be lynched, should they claim? Since the roles are unknown yet the game is designed against massclaiming, I'm tempted to believe the answer is no. I think the biggest question mark is how exactly humans get punished if someone claims while they're about to be lynched. I didn't think the wolves' power was as drastic as Toby had proposed (instakill for figuring out roles) but a setup that way would ensure that no human gets to save their life by claiming. Plus, (still going off the assumption of Toby's proposal) revealing your role helps the wolves narrow down what roles the other players could be. Assuming no cardflips, it'd be better to get lynched without revealing your role.

tl;dr probably DON'T CLAIM if you're about to get lynched
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Toby

Quote from: mastersuperfan on May 21, 2018, 07:32:12 AMrevealing your role helps the wolves narrow down what roles the other players could be.
what you mean