[DELETED] [3DS] Tomodachi Life - "Amusement Park" by videogaminglegodude

Started by Zeta, May 19, 2018, 09:33:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

videogaminglegodude

Quote from: Sebastian on May 30, 2018, 11:31:45 AMI'll check it out later today.

Again, not to be a bother, but this message was posted over two weeks ago.  If you are busy, then is there any chance that someone else could help with the things base finale can't do?
For lack of anything better to say, I love the Miis.

Sebastian

Sorry for the untimely response.

I'm not quite sure this submission is ready to be in submissions yet. There is a substantial amount of work that needs to be done to this sheet. I'll give you some pointers:

I believe this sheet's meter should be written much differently. For example, you could make the beats per minute as "Quarter Note - 104" in 2/4 time. This is basically cutting the note values and measures in half.

You are missing a lot of notes. I mean, I can dig only having the bass note in there as the left hand accompaniment, but I would recommend adding in some of the other notes found in the original and double checking all the notes you currently have.

The formatting is pretty wonky:
- You need to remove the "Pno." symbol.
- You need to add measure numbers.
- The systems are very off balance (concerning measures per system).
- Copyright information is missing.

Those are some examples of what is plaguing this sheet. Please feel free to contact me via Discord for further discussion. I'd be happy to help you 1-on-1 in real time to help you understand any of these points and to continue on with this arrangement.

videogaminglegodude

Quote from: Sebastian on June 18, 2018, 07:23:45 AMSorry for the untimely response.

I'm not quite sure this submission is ready to be in submissions yet. There is a substantial amount of work that needs to be done to this sheet. I'll give you some pointers:

I believe this sheet's meter should be written much differently. For example, you could make the beats per minute as "Quarter Note - 104" in 2/4 time. This is basically cutting the note values and measures in half.

You are missing a lot of notes. I mean, I can dig only having the bass note in there as the left hand accompaniment, but I would recommend adding in some of the other notes found in the original and double checking all the notes you currently have.

The formatting is pretty wonky:
- You need to remove the "Pno." symbol.
- You need to add measure numbers.
- The systems are very off balance (concerning measures per system).
- Copyright information is missing.

Those are some examples of what is plaguing this sheet. Please feel free to contact me via Discord for further discussion. I'd be happy to help you 1-on-1 in real time to help you understand any of these points and to continue on with this arrangement.

I will see what I can do, but sometimes finale feels less like I am opperating it am more like I am wrestling with it.  Outside of that, I am pretty cluless when it comes to music theory.  I tried my best to include as much of the bass as possible, and this is not the first time that I have been unable to figure out any more.  Perhaps I would be better off posting my work in the requests form and having someone help me finish it up.  I want to be able to contribute to this site, but my schedual and lack of knowledge is a bit of a handicap.
 I would appreciate the 1-on-1 help, but I don't think my parrents would be crazy about me meeting with someone who I met on a gaming website (I know it's a sheet music site, but all my mom will hear is "video Games."  anything gameing is a preliminary red flag for her) even if it is online.  Plus, I will be gone for a week starting this Saturday, and I will be starting on an internship shortly afterwards.  Perhaps this sheet should be taken down till I have more time and/or knowledge.

Sebastian

I was actually referring to one-on-one via Discord. :P

If you would like to archive this sheet for now and see if someone else would like to help you, that would be perfectly fine. You can resubmit this sheet at any time. My request for giving help is still open if that is something you would like. There are also plenty of others that would be willing to help, as well. Also, if you would like to scratch this song and start fresh on another song, that is also an option. There is a whole world of VGM out there!

videogaminglegodude

Quote from: Sebastian on June 19, 2018, 01:06:27 PMI was actually referring to one-on-one via Discord. :P

If you would like to archive this sheet for now and see if someone else would like to help you, that would be perfectly fine. You can resubmit this sheet at any time. My request for giving help is still open if that is something you would like. There are also plenty of others that would be willing to help, as well. Also, if you would like to scratch this song and start fresh on another song, that is also an option. There is a whole world of VGM out there!

I know.  Even over discord though...it still might not look good on my parents scope.  I actually have yet to get a discord because I doubt my parents would allow it, but this is not the first instance where I wish I had one.  I should probably look into it.  [I feel like I should add this in after everything I have said about my parents.  I love them dearly, and I know the feeling is mutual.  However, they know (as do I) that the internet can be a dangerous place, and they can sometimes be a little overprotective.  That being said, perhaps some of those times are me beeing undercautaious.}

I think that perhaps trying another song might be a good approach.  Perhaps I will learn some things that I can cary over into this one.  If I get stuck on something, it usually helps to take a break and come back with a fresh outlook.  Do I have to remove it from submission or does a moderator do that?

Sebastian

Quote from: videogaminglegodude on June 20, 2018, 07:17:10 AMI think that perhaps trying another song might be a good approach.  Perhaps I will learn some things that I can cary over into this one.  If I get stuck on something, it usually helps to take a break and come back with a fresh outlook.
Great idea! It might be best to start on a simpler song.

Quote from: videogaminglegodude on June 20, 2018, 07:17:10 AMDo I have to remove it from submission or does a moderator do that?
I gotcha.

Archived