News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

The Mario Movie

Started by Time Link, May 17, 2018, 02:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Time Link

My friend told me they're making a Mario movie. I also heard that Universal might be making a Mario-themed section. Anyone know about this?

blueflower999

The bar's set pretty low from their previous attempt in the 90s. Not much has been confirmed about this though.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

LeviR.star

I've heard about this, too; not sure what to expect, though.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Sebastian

I've learned that video games and movies don't mix...or shouldn't mix at least.

Olimar12345

Quote from: Sebastian on May 17, 2018, 03:40:03 PMI've learned that video games and movies don't mix...or shouldn't mix at least.

There is no amount of correctness greater than this.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Yug_Guy

The Mario movie was confirmed a while back, and is being produced by Illumination Entertainment. You know, the Despicable Me guys? And yeah, the Nintendo/Universal Studios thing has been confirmed for a while now. (another article, if you're interested)

Personally, I don't think it'll be bad, but I doubt it'll be all that great, either. I think it'll play things pretty safe.

BlackDragonSlayer

Time Link could've just Googled that to get the same information, but I guess I appreciate that he felt the need to consult the NSM community. :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Time Link

Hey guys, thanks for the information. I just wanted to get some backup from the pros, y'know? Anyway, if the movie's being done by Illumination Entertainment, those guys are probably just going to goon up all the characters and the like.
Quote from: Sebastian on May 17, 2018, 03:40:03 PMI've learned that video games and movies don't mix...or shouldn't mix at least.

E. Gadd Industries

Yeahhhh I'm interested to know how badly they'll mess it up. Slightly unrelated, but one of the composers for To The Moon has confirmed a film adaptation:
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Time Link

What's "To The Moon" about? Let me guess, does it have something to do with astronauts or space? For some reason, the clip you posted wasn't playing.

Maelstrom

It has little to do with them, despite that being a central point of the plot iirc.

SlowPokemon

Yeah. Basic overview is that this dude is dying, two pseudoscientists use fancy fictional brain technology to delve into his past memories, figure out his greatest wish, and let him "live" that wish before he dies.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Time Link

Thanks for the info. Sounds like it might be an interesting movie. By the way, does anyone know if there's a release date for the Mario movie?

LeviR.star

No, I don't think one has been confirmed yet; all we have is a confirmation that it's being worked on.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Time Link

Thanks. Btw, I love your saying, "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."