News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

[GEN] Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle - "Castle" by Sebastian

Started by Zeta, May 15, 2018, 06:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
Console: Sega Genesis
Title: Castle
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Sebastian

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sebastian

Maelstrom

I approve of the notes, but there's one big issue plaguing this sheet: the spacing.
For example, this measure:

The 8th rest gets less room than the two 16th notes, and it's really disorientating to sight read. I'd recommend rearranging measures to make it fit better. You have a whole second page, why not fill it up the rest of the way? If you want, you can put 3 measures in the first 3 systems and 2 in each after that (and 3 for the last one). It'll screw up the hypermeter and your ossia measures, but it looks a lot better. If you come up with something better, go for it.

Sebastian

Sebastian

Latios212

Careful - your left margin on page 2 doesn't match that of page 1. I'd increase the size of the one on page 2 to make them the same.

Banking off of what Maelstrom said, have you considered 2-measure systems for some of the piece as he mentioned? Not saying you have to, just if you've tested it out. Right now the first system on page 2 is pretty cramped, though I suppose that might be passable if it's only that one time. But it will get more cramped after you increase the margin.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot