5. BrainyLucario-Vanilla Human
6. Toby-Vanilla Human
7. blueflower999-Vanilla Human
8. Greg-Vanilla Human
9. raeko-Vanilla Human
10. FireArrow-Vanilla Wolf
11. E.Gadd Industries-Brutal Wolf

Synopsis
There were several active players tunneling on each other despite not bothering to read how the arguments were actually playing out.  If they had, they would've realized that many of them were blatantly town/town interactions.  Either way, the sheer amount of infighting allowed the wolves to stay quiet and nobody punished them for their inactivity.  Specifically FireArrow, who I'm awarding Wolf MVP, would certainly have been in the middle of it all as a human, but he passed off his human meta well enough.  This roll was pretty close to balanced, but I expected the guardian to be able to block one of the wolf shots and cancel out the brutaling, which clearly isn't what happened.  I was disappointed to see wolves falling back on lame excuses and staying quiet and inactive and never really being seriously called out for it.  I'm pushing for a minimum post count of 5 per day/night cycle to be enacted to force the issue and not allow wolves to stay quiet, since personally I think of it as cheating.  If you can't make 5 posts every 72 hours, unfortunately TWG is a little too demanding for your lifestyle and trying to play is just going to cause problems in the future.  Toby's angleshooting backfired tremendously, which I hope is a lesson learned.  By definition angleshooting isn't against the rules of twg but it's very against the spirit and as such I can't condone it on NSM.  Please keep things like online stalking and timestamping to a minimum as they wouldn't usually be game-relevant parts of mafia.  Overall this game showcased why you need to put pressure on inactives because you allow wolves to win with minimal effort.  If someone is never present but still voting, take a closer look.  Sheesh.  Other things of note were increased difficulty with discord, which will be addressed in the near future.
[close]

Player Summaries
1. Olimar12345
I think your 1v1 with BDS ended up looking really bad on you for no apparent reason, which you would've been able to get out of easily by claiming, and you honestly just died due to pure dumb luck.
Quote[12:13 AM] Gerik "FireArrow": I'm thinking greg is blue
[12:13 AM] Gerik "FireArrow": Although it might be wiser to wolf based on what makes us most likely to survive
[12:15 AM] Gerik "FireArrow": I think we should either go for greg or olimar
[12:16 AM] Gerik "FireArrow": greg is my best guest for special, getting olimar frames bds
[12:16 AM] Gerik "FireArrow": ill let you guys decide
[2:14 AM] Gerik "FireArrow": @Mikey safety wolfing on olimar
[5:13 AM] E. Gadd Industries: That's true, but what're the chances it'll deflect back onto me as well, because Olimar railed on me a bit
[5:14 AM] E. Gadd Industries: I do think it would frame BDS first, though. Thoughts @Trasdegi "Trasdegi" ?
Sucks to be you tbh, but your human read on Toby would've been vital.
[close]
2. BlackDragonSlayer
You were human telling the whole time, but I couldn't TELL people that since I wasn't in the game.  Aside from that, where did you go?  Seemed really weird and if you had been here you probably would've been able to stay alive due to raeko's town read of you.  Your answers to some of Toby's questions really were a bit weird, but not in a scummy way, just in a weird way.
[close]
3. Trasdegi
Toby caught you out really good with the log edit and if you had faked a log you almost certainly would have died.  However, I don't approve of you skipping out on an entire 48 hours' worth of discussion because of the threat of the log hanging above you.  I know most days you're busy from early morning all the way until bedtime, but 2 or 3 short posts during downtimes isn't too much to ask for.  I think if you had been at a relevant level of activity you would have been caught, which is really unfair for humans.  ThatHiddenCharacter was suspicious of both you and E. Gadd for separately arriving at the same (sheeped) conclusion, so there are definitely things you can work on here.  When you have access to wolfchat, make sure you're planning ahead with your partners on what each of you are going to be presenting and develop an overarching gameplan.
[close]
4. ThatHiddenCharacter
The man with the reads himself!  Your gameplay this time around was much improved.  That being said, you were a little bit too self-aware and it came across as slightly scummy.  In the future, just try to play the game and don't worry so much about analyzing yourself- leave that to the people who actually need to analyze you.  You did a good job of picking up on Tras and E. Gadd, but your position in the game didn't allow you to push your suspicions much because there was so much focus on Toby, Olimar, and BDS.  Your analysis comes down to "you did good enough, and you're at the point where I'm comfortable promoting you from newbie to the next rank up, whatever it is."
[close]
5. BrainyLucario
You got mislynched because you couldn't be around for end of phase.  I didn't really see a reason for your lynch, but it's technically a good thing you were because Olimar needed to stay alive as long as possible.  There's really not much to talk about here because of that.  Fine job, see you next game (hopefully).
[close]
6. Toby
Dude.  Wat r u doin.  DUUUDE.  You were so close this game.  You had brilliant reaction tests on both tras and FA that you discounted almost immediately because you were tunneling on the randomest and dumbest things.  I don't need to give you feedback here because you're good enough to already know what you could've done better.  Just don't forget that someone being suspicious of you doesn't make them a wolf :P
[close]
7. blueflower999
Your suspicion of tras was accurate, but you didn't act on it and instead cost humans the game by allowing a wolf rush on THC.  Granted, he probably would have been lynched anyway but you sealed the deal.  Not having access to discord was a bit of a handicap and this is something I'm looking into in the future, also because a lot of people were complaining about having to read or reread large amounts of filler for almost no content.  You did an ok job all things considered, but if you're going to not use the discord try to be a bit more active in the future (I know it's end of the school year and all don't worry).
[close]
8. Greg
You played a really vanilla-ey game this time around, not really the gzgregory I remember teaching me how to play.  You were pretty off-base this game but you did a good job at calling FireArrow out for departure from meta.  FA adapted pretty quickly and you seemed to be a lot less suspicious of him in the end.  Overall a solid game, and the big vibe I'm getting is that you weren't really trying too hard at all, which is fine.
[close]
9. raeko
You were inactive most of day 1, but day 2 you came at Toby with everything and it was really entertaining to watch from a spectator perspective.  It's nice to have someone who can play hardball with Toby, because usually he does a good job of getting all sorts of random information out of his unsuspecting targets.  Play again soon!
[close]
10. FireArrow
Despite slipping (somewhat) concerning the presence of a brutal wolf, you played a really good wolf game and for that I'm awarding you Wolf MVP.  I specifically want to point out a few things about your play that were super good and make for a nice example of solid wolf play in the future.  Most importantly, you recognized that as a towny you'd be way more aggressive toward players and scum hunting in general.  You intitially tried this with Greg, but it didn't stick.  Next (and I really like this part) you consistently and aggressively bussed your partners.  It works so well for you because you can have that towny conviction that they're scum, and it happened to work especially well this game because of the ease at which you pushed the popular wagons as well as their unusual presence this game.  You also managed to hit a special on night 1, but I don't know if that really counts as being well played...  You did a good job at manipulating players away from your partners while still being quite aggressive towards them.  For those of you trying to get better at your wolf game, bookmark this.
[close]
11. E.Gadd Industries
inactivity sucks you cheater and toby was totally right, I honestly don't know how you keep passing it off but you've now got a 100% wolf winrate in the past 5 games from playing the exact same way every time.  Maybe you're just that trustworthy?
[close]
[close]

Update on Statistics
While I won't be publishing the statistics quite yet, concerning the past 5 games (101-105) I've got all the raw data for both players and games incorporated into a spreadsheet.  However, I'm going to add 2 more columns- Special Power and # of Nightkills.  Special power will default to 1, with a subjectively good special game awarding 2 points and a subjectively poor special game awarding 0 points.  The score will be averaged per game, so any players with a score greater than one tend to play well as specials and players with a score lower than one tend to play poorly as special.  # of Nightkills will simply refer to the number of times you've been the target of a wolfing (not a vigi or modkill) to determine how much of a threat you can be.  The number will not be averaged.

Additionally, I'm suggesting a stickied thread with a permanent poll to gauge activity.  This thread can also hold the stats as well as links to every signups/game/postgame on NSM for easier access, as well as quick summaries of those games.
[close]
unmotivated

mikey

If you're interested in signing up for the next TWG, make a mention of it in this thread.
unmotivated

BrainyLucario

Yo i'm interested. also why u guys have to lynch me due to my own opinions
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Olimar12345

Toby you should have pursued Tras like I said!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FireArrow

I think my biggest slip was this and i had a heartattack after posting it:

QuoteGerik "FireArrow" - Today at 3:31 PM
humans are bound to look at least a lil wolfy
and if toby does end up getting lycnhed and flipped red
then you're playing better than me

Said it to greg right after trying to look like I was suspicious and questioning him. Basically straight up called him a human.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Greg

Wow, that didn't read as a slip to me at all. Guess I got stuck within my perspective.

Clearly I've got some stuff to work on...

E. Gadd Industries

Okay, this game's inactivity wasn't so much of my willingness to be inactive. I'm at the final boss of AP season: the exams. So that's means more work for me, as I'm frantically trying to catch up from being chronically behind in Statistics. Yay. But eh well.

Ima stay out this next game, but after that, I should be good to play because I'll be able to play and actually fully contribute.

Gg everyone!
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Toby

i got bored of this game when i was like the only one posting and then i was defending myself against people I was suspicious of, who became suspicious of me after I raised my suspicion of them.

you must have enjoyed this game tras, yawn

gg firearrow, you did really well, and props to taking control of the wolf team!

sorry raeko im so dumbfounded

ThatHiddenCharacter

I'm interested in signing up for the next game.

That being said, I do need to work on arguing my case, because I had recognized two out of the three wolves since fairly early on. Gotta say, you played very well FA, I thought you were human til the end. Sorry for flippin' on ya Toby.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

FireArrow

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on May 08, 2018, 04:13:04 PMI'm interested in signing up for the next game.

That being said, I do need to work on arguing my case, because I had recognized two out of the three wolves since fairly early on. Gotta say, you played very well FA, I thought you were human til the end. Sorry for flippin' on ya Toby.

Yeah, you got to work on executing after wolf hunting. You kind of just popped in to say "btw I think these people are wolves" without actually pursuing it.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on May 08, 2018, 04:13:04 PMI'm interested in signing up for the next game.

Thc you actually played super well, if your thought process seemed more logical when switching to me after bds flip then I don't think I would have lynched you. But I also got bored and lazy so shrug. You just seemed to flip over too easy and exaggerate it, but maybe you thought changin sides was the expectation and you didn't want to seem abnormal

Trasdegi

Interested in signing up for the next game.

Quote from: Toby on May 08, 2018, 03:32:13 PMyou must have enjoyed this game tras, yawn
you must have enjoyed this game e.gadd, yawn
you must have enjoyed this game blueflower, yawn
you must have enjoyed this game raeko, yawn
you...

ftfy

@noc: "2 or 3 short posts during downtimes isn't too much to ask for."
2 or 3 short posts without having read the thread seems the best way to be sure to make a mistake to me.

Also, my problem isn't only inactivity: Even when I caught up with everything, I still play way too passively...

mikey

Quote from: Trasdegi on May 09, 2018, 01:09:55 AM2 or 3 short posts without having read the thread seems the best way to be sure to make a mistake to me.
which sounds to me like you're intentionally being inactive, which is worse than just being inactive

you don't have to comment on the whole thing, just pick a random post and say something about it!

so far I'm gauging interest to be roughly 4-5 players
unmotivated

Toby

I don't know if everyone who is interested will be looking at the post game tbh. They might not have read or played in this game