Invader Zim (this is also the 1000th topic!!!!!!!!!)

Started by BlueFlameDude, July 19, 2008, 08:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueFlameDude

:'(why did they cancel this show why:'(
Gir is my all time favorite character in this show
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

Palagerini

i think they still show it in canada but it was something with the story that made them cancel it... honestly alot of their shows now kinda stink....
Conversation on Shoddy Battle:
<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah. i sent them to her dad

Before you post you might want to make sure you have a couple of these: ..!!??,,,

Feel free to place them wherever.

Olimar12345

i miss invader zim... :'(
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Super Zombie

I just bought the DVD set off Amazon. The reason it was canceled was "creative differences" between Johnen Vasquez and Nick. I assume it's the not-so-kid-friendly stuff he wanted to do like the bloody Gir and things you wouldn't normally see in shows. Maybe Nick even wanted him to have morals at the end of episodes.

SuperFireKirby

Oh my god. Putting morals into Invader Zim would be a sign of the apocalypse. Best show on Nickelodeon ever. If you have a good cable package then look for Nicktoons network. They show Invader Zim on that channel usually late at night. Worth staying up though.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Gooch

yeah, i loved that show, and i went many a year without seeing it, then i was able to see it this last christmas, it was the christmas special where Zim makes people believe he's Santa.
To the Jingle Jail with those non-believers whom cancelled Zim.

Davey

It was canceled because of a prank on Nick. DouchebagsNick didn't want to show blood on any of their shows, I think they still don't, and the creators of the show got in alot of trouble and had their show canceled. In long:

Quote from: buzzyworld link=http://www.buzzyworld.com/zim/archives/bloodygir.html

So, what is Bloody Gir? It's an Easter Egg:

"The bloody Gir was this single frame drawing that Chris Graham drew and I was putting it into the show at random points hidden within things. It is very hard to make out....and I am not telling where or when those frames are (you have to be a master to see bloody GIR, even with a frame by frame VCR). If anyone finds it...let me know. He is in several places through the last 14 shows. We tried to get him put into 'Girs Rubber Piggy' when the last pig goes through the portal: that was the first one and i don't think it stayed....you have to check....if it is there it is faint faint." -Steve Ressel, director

To find the Bloody Girs, you need to watch the episodes FRAME-BY-FRAME. They are hidden, and transparent. Usually, you will only see the head:

The Bloody GIR has only been found in one episode: Mortos der Soulstealer. Steve says the Bloody Gir is in a lot of episodes past Bad Bad Rubber Piggy, so search frame by frame in VirtualDub. Here's one thing Steve said:

"Hint- look at a few of the opening sequences in the second season. Unless Nick switched them out, there should be at least one with a Bloody Gir." (Note: this is outdated. We found it in the opening for Mortos.)

So the quest for the Bloody Gir is on! If anyone thinks they have found any, email me at jace@midsouth.rr.com, with an image.

The found Bloody Girs:

MORTOS DER SOULSTEALER

All right, we know for certain that this is real. And this one's here for 2 frames!

BAD BAD RUBBER PIGGY

You can faintly see it in the center of the frame.

PLAGUE OF BABIES

At the beginning of the episode during the voot crusier sequence, the Bloody Gir can be seen in the left-hand corner of the screen while Zim and Gir are screaming.

If you wanna see for yourself, grab your Volume 3 DVD and look at the opening for Mortos. It's real. You can even almost see it when you watch the episode regularly. Btw, it's only in the opening for Mortos, not any others. This is the only one we are POSITIVE of, and therefore is the only one listed at the moment. All other "findings" are taken from horrible Internet encodes and are only vague outlines of what are probably just compression artifacts. If you do want to look for these, USE YOUR DVDs.

That is positively one of the scariest things I have ever seen

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Gooch on July 25, 2008, 08:13:05 PMyeah, i loved that show, and i went many a year without seeing it, then i was able to see it this last christmas, it was the christmas special where Zim makes people believe he's Santa.
To the Jingle Jail with those non-believers whom cancelled Zim.

Bow down,
Bow down,
before the power of Santa.

Or be crushed,
be crushed,
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy,
His Jolly Boots Of Doom.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Gooch

I cant remember how that ended. Didn't the Santa like destroy the world in the end or something?

SuperFireKirby

Zim lost control and destroyed him. But he still lives on......

Gooch

that explains why i hear screaming on christmas

Brawler4Ever

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on August 02, 2008, 03:57:35 PMZim lost control and destroyed him. But he still lives on......

Really? I thought that he became the Easter Palatypus(horrible spelling  :P) and sic'd the mob on...um...Dib? The guy with the crazy spiked hair.

I thought that he finally won...  :'(
Or am I mistaken?
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

SuperFireKirby

I haven't seen the Christmas special in a long time so I'm not really sure.

Lildigipoke2

Gir is the best cartoon character in the history of cartoons....so funny and stupid, which is why he is so awesome

CHOCOLATEEEEEEE

SuperFireKirby