News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Errors regarding the Main Site (Spelling, 404's, Track Titles, etc...)

Started by Winter, February 28, 2013, 07:56:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winter

Thanks everybody for their input on my last thread. Most of the issues have been addressed/fixed. (Thanks everyone!)
The previous thread is not locked, but I'd appreciate any new input to be posted here.

If you need it, here's the old thread.

Next up is something that I never finished on the last thread. I hope some of you might help me out here.

This is a list of each game series on the website. If you have a moment to click through each PDF file under the section to verify that you don't get a 404 error or that the sheet doesn't go to the wrong place, then let me know your progress here.

List of Series checked entirely for any 404 errors, and that the correct sheet is shown (Just PDF's):

Animal Crossing
Banjo Kazooie
Castlevania
Donkey Kong
Dragon Quest
Final Fantasy
Fire Emblem
Golden Sun
Harvest Moon
Kirby
Mega Man
Metal Gear Solid
Metroid
Pokemon
Sonic
Super Mario
Super Smash Bros.
Tales
The Legend of Zelda
More...

Again, I welcome comments/opinions/suggestions/help with any of the above topics, so please don't be shy, as you can tell, I'll need all the help I can get!

Updated 02/28/15
-Went through this thread up to page 9 and marked all posts as Fixed and addressed any unresolved issues

Winter

Olimar12345

Didn't see this one above, but "Earthbound" should be changed to "EarthBound". Fixed

And about buoy base, there ARE two different tracks for both above and under water. We have both on the site.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Winter

Quote from: Olimar12345 on February 28, 2013, 08:30:10 AMAnd about buoy base, there ARE two different tracks for both above and under water. We have both on the site.

Should Buoy Base be "Buoy Base Galaxy" then?

Olimar12345

Well, Nintendo's official OST titles it "Floater Land", and doesn't even provide an mp3 of the underwater version.

Any thoughts?

Decided not an issue
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Winter

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Olimar12345 on February 28, 2013, 10:15:22 AMWell, Nintendo's official OST titles it "Floater Land", and doesn't even provide an mp3 of the underwater version.

Any thoughts?

The North American soundtrack calls it "Buoy Base Galaxy", and the Platinum version of it does have an underwater soundtrack.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Olimar12345

blueflower999

Quote from: Winter on February 28, 2013, 10:32:51 AMI'm gonna leave it. Oh and I fixed EarthBound.
Yes! Thanks! I actually requested that this was fixed in the old thread over a year ago and was ignored, so I'm glad someone finally fixed it!  :D
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Winter

It's been changed to Buoy Base Galaxy and the other is Buoy Base Galaxy (Underwater)

Quote from: blueflower999 on February 28, 2013, 11:30:46 AMYes! Thanks! I actually requested that this was fixed in the old thread over a year ago and was ignored, so I'm glad someone finally fixed it!  :D

Glad I could be of service!

spitllama

Guys Winter is so awesome. I was going to make you a JibJab card but the only free thank-you one they had was like... a creepy lemon man jumping around... *shudder*. Anyhow, to business--

I think it would make more sense for "Pokémon Black & White 2 Versions" to be "Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 Versions"

Also it seems inconsistent to have "Pokémon Black & White Versions" and then "Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Versions." Should have either all & or all /. I'm indifferent between the two, however.

At your question about Route 2 and 3 in the second spoiler tag, Route 2 and 3 have the same music in B/W, but they both change depending on the season. So that suggestion is saying "Let's switch the current name of "Route 3" to "Route 2/3 (*season*)." Problem is, I can't identify which season DrP made in that arrangement. I'll send him a PM.

@comingaflame's suggestion, I don't think it's necessary to place the series titles in there. While these tracks are based on tunes from past games, they are commonly remixes and belong in their own section with their simple title-- the title of the song.

@Bubbles' suggestion, I absolutely agree that we should use titles for every place it's played in-game. I've missed a collection of arrangements on this site because I didn't know they also played in a different location.

I will check the Castevania PDFs

Also, you have two "suggested by Winter, me!" sections in the OP :P
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Olimar12345

Winter

Quote from: spitllama on February 28, 2013, 12:38:00 PMI think it would make more sense for "Pokémon Black & White 2 Versions" to be "Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 Versions"

Also it seems inconsistent to have "Pokémon Black & White Versions" and then "Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Versions." Should have either all & or all /. I'm indifferent between the two, however.

What about "Pokémon Black and White Versions" for things with two games, and "Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum Versions" for ones with three games?

Tossed the & because it would look weird in the second one.

Quote from: spitllama on February 28, 2013, 12:38:00 PMAlso, you have two "suggested by Winter, me!" sections in the OP :P

Don't you know I am double important?

Waddle Bro

I personally find the clarification that the person who wrote the post is mentioned very useful. It would take far too much of my precious time to think who is Winter and scroll up the post just to see who is Winter.

This post was made by Waddle Bro, me.
^This honestly should become a new standard on NSM.

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: Winter on February 28, 2013, 12:51:32 PMWhat about "Pokémon Black and White Versions" for things with two games, and "Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum Versions" for ones with three games?
Seems a bit superfluous and cluttery to me.